Selection Criteria

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
corrint

Selection Criteria

Post by corrint »

My DS will be sitting for his 11+ this year and my 1st choice is Dr.Chalenors in Bucks which is out of catchment for us since we live in Watford.Please can someone advice if my DS to score more than the minimum will he stand a chance of being selected.

Many Thanks
corrint
hermanmunster

Re: Selection Criteria

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Corrint

score does not come into allocation - provided the score is at least 121, the places are allocated on catchment and distance - have a look at the allocation profiles here::

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... n-profiles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Last year you would have had to live withing 6 miles of the school to be offered a place
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Yes, corrint, herman is entirely correct about scores.

On distance I must add the following, from their admissions policy: http://www.challoners.com/documents/con ... cy2013.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am afraid that unless you are prepared to move to the DCGS catchment area by 1st April 2013 and you can prove that you no longer own a home within a 30 mile radius of the school, there is no chance of him getting a place from Watford.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Corrint, Why would you want to travel miles to a school where everywhere else is local. What friends or travelling companions would your dc have? What do you feel this school in Bucks offers you that none of the wonderful schools you have access to in Watford offer you? The very best part of a school is its location. There is absolutely no point going to a school where everyone else is just around the corner and you are miles away. Is there some reason why this is your first choice and not one of the semi selectives near you? DG