City Girls - Number of applications and interviews

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

NorthLondonMum

City Girls - Number of applications and interviews

Post by NorthLondonMum »

Hi,

Does anyone know how many apply to City girls and how many they interview?

I know that the head said something about it in her talk, but I can't remember what.

Thanks

NLM
fairyelephant

Re: City Girls - Number of applications and interviews

Post by fairyelephant »

From what I remember its 700 apply, 300 interview, up to 150 offers made.
NorthLondonMum

Post by NorthLondonMum »

Thanks Fairyelephant
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

How did everyone get on with their interviews? DD has hers on the last day, nerves have had plenty of time to build up. The general message seems to be don't prepare DD.....
nlcslover

Post by nlcslover »

My interview was fine
loveyouradvice

Post by loveyouradvice »

My DD is tomorrow.... when's yours fairy elephant?

I've reduced stress levels by DH taking her to some - phew, time to catch up with work and get little less over-involved!!
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

By the way NorthLondonMum I checked yesterday at clsg and they did interview about 300 out of almost 700. Reading between the lines chatting to deputy head it seems that interviews are about trying to find a few bright sparks out of the bottom half of the candidates. If you got a very high score (probably not my dd!) interview can't mark you down. I'm guessing lots apply to nlcs as well as clsg, I doubt they would decide not to offer to those candidates but probably just increase or decrease the total offers to reflect what they think will happen there. Who knows? Why am I even thinking about this??! Can't do anything about it now. Dh and dd don't even want clsg. I think I would quite like to go there myself! Help, if this doesn't end soon I will worry myself into a grease spot..... :(
nonethewiser

Post by nonethewiser »

Fairyelephant! You make me chuckle at the end about the grease spot :D . That's what I feel like now - a red-looking angry boil! I was trying not to nibble on my fingernails or visibly shake my teacup when the parents sat round in the waiting room.

I did ask about what are they looking for in an interview. The lovely teacher mentioned they are trying to shift out over-tutored girls who may not be able to cope with the workload.
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

Nonethewiser I know what you mean. All you really want to do is stare out of the window and hope that dd is doing ok. It sounded like quite a comprehensive academic interview, rather than a get to know you, and I'm sure they know what they want...........
I do give them top marks for their communications with parents, the very informative helpful emails at every stage of the process with clear commitments as to when you will hear things, win hands down!
Ho hum. I always thought periods of stress could cause one to lose weight, no sign of that here, I keep raiding the biscuit tin for solace :lol:
nonethewiser

Post by nonethewiser »

I think I am looking very much like a biscuit tin now, tbh.

The other thing I picked up was the teacher saying they are not a hothouse enviroment (!) which I said "Oh that is interesting you said that. Some people mentioned that CLGS is very much a hothouse." She did make a little face and recovered magnificiently about making sure the girls are well looked after. She acknowledge that a lot of the girls are high achievers and perfectionist; that there's plenty of pressure and mental issues that girls at this age have to face. In all, I think she came across very sensible and caring.

Arrghhh.. I think I'm falling more in love with CLGS now. Help! need to stop obsessing! It didn't help that DD came out of interview superquick and another parent sitting across me asked why DD was so quick, that her DD had been in there ages.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now