1st march, allocations day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bati

1st march, allocations day

Post by Bati »

Not long to go till we find out which schools our dc have been given.
How is every feeling. I am starting to get really anxious about it :?
debs2028

Re: 1st march, allocations day

Post by debs2028 »

Yes I am worried ds got a good score but we are a long way from the school. It will just depend on the pass rate I guess. Have put Calday first and wirral second
Debs :?
Bati

Post by Bati »

We live quite a distance too, I keep searching internet to see if there is something in the news to do with how many children passed but nothing :(
Going on passed yrs we live just inside the distance they tend to go to, but I heard more children sat it this yr due to finding out results before applying to schools, so this has got me worried
We put wirral grammar 1st, upton hall 2nd and west kirby 3rd.
25 sleeps and counting :shock:
debs2028

Post by debs2028 »

Are you catholic? I would think that you would be certain of a place at Upton ,if so ,as places are offered to Catholics that pass first. Putting the school second should not prejudice this.Hopefully your dd will get wirral as this is her preferred place.
I have a friend who has also put wirral as first choice but I think upton was third.
We liked wirral but my ds would not have got a place in the boys school the last few years because of distance. He really liked Calday and they did take all the passes last year although they were full and like you have said more children have taken the exam this year which I guess will mean more passes.
My ds third choice is catholic high in chester. He did not do the st anselms exam as the school is to difficult to get to.
My ds wants me to appeal if neither of the grammars take him, but am keeping all my fingers crossed it will not come to that
Debs :D
Bati

Post by Bati »

Yes we are catholic so we should get upton hall if we dont get wirral
Where abouts do you live, are you near chester.
I rang wirral lea before applications had to be in and asked how many had passed. They said they couldnt say exact numbers, but about 100 more children sat 11+ and % of children passing is about the same. They also said there was still some late sitters to sit the exam. I had been told in the passed that about 35% of children normally pass.
I tried to make myself feel better at the time, So in my mind that ment about an extra 35 children passing this yr. Half girls, half boys equates to about 17/18 of each. There is 2 grammar schools each so 7/8 extra children applying to each school. It made me feel better at the time lol
I dont know if we should appeal for wirral if we get upton, my dd likes upton but she fell in love with wirral.
Any idea what time on 1st march we should be able to log on and get what school our dc have been allocated
debs2028

Post by debs2028 »

No idea what time , they will probably just say office hours if we enquire.

I actually live in chester but a bus runs to Calday from a bus stop about 10 mins walk away. Otherwise it would have been out of the question. I am surprised the pass rate is about 35% nearly everyone I know passed but then I do not know the children in the wirral catchment.

Really do not want to go through an appeal process as it will leave ds with uncertainty and I am rubbish talking in front of people so unlikely to present a good case

Debs :roll:
Bati

Post by Bati »

I am the same hopeless talking infront of people
If you do go to appeal, could you not tell your ds about it so he doesnt have the stress of it.
when the results first came out, I kept hearing about all these kids that had passed, which really had me worried, thats why I phoned. I am hoping the 35% pass rate is true
I wonder if we google official pass rate we could find out for sure
debs2028

Post by debs2028 »

Unfortunately I do not think that is possible as it is him that wants me to appeal. So I could not tell him he was going to a school he is not 100% happy going to . He would think I was letting him down by not at least trying for a place at his chosen schools. He knows the date of allocation day and not through me, guess other children are talking about it :(
Bati

Post by Bati »

Oh no, that makes it so much harder.
I think we will be in the same situation as although my dd loves upton she has fell in love with the wirral grammar
I just wish the next 3 weeks goes quickly, so at least we know.
I tried to get on the schools application site and its disapeared. I bet allocations have already been put on and thats why we cant get to access it
miggi

Post by miggi »

Just checked Wirral Admissions site and read the following:

Applicants who apply on online will be notified by an e-mail to their registered e-mail address by 4pm on allocation day. Due to technical issues, we regret that we are unable to provide details of school allocations through the online admissions portal. A letter will also be posted to your home address by second class post on allocation day to be with you early the following week, depending on the local postal service. Applicants who completed a paper application form will receive the allocation by post only.

Looks like we'll just have to wait for the email!!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now