KES borderline interviews

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MaryMcG

KES borderline interviews

Post by MaryMcG »

Anyone been called for borderline interviews at KES yet? My son said that he thinks that someone at his primary school went for a borderline interview today so I was wondering if anyone else had heard if these calls had started??
UmSusu

Re: KES borderline interviews

Post by UmSusu »

I don't know but I have not heard about that yet. They do say when they call for interview what it is for, so I would presume if the boy thinks it is a borderline interview then they must have been told that.

I was there this morning and it was busy - we were very early in the day and there were 22 on the list to be interviewed. Some were being interviewed by Mr Claughton with someone else and others were interviewed by another 2 teachers - I am not sure what that means though.

I was being nosey so noticed that only some parents were taken to see the chiefmaster after the child's interview and others were not. So I guess I can deduct from this that there are different types of interviews going on ( I always knew I should have been a detective :wink: ).

UmSusu
UmSusu
MaryMcG

Post by MaryMcG »

Umsusu, thank you so much for your prompt and informative response! You should indeed be a detective!

It would appear that they are now running both scholarship and borderline interviews concurrently.

No news at our end still.....

How did your son get on today?
NASA

Post by NASA »

Hi all,

UmSusu, hope your sons interview went well :)

Still no call for us...we have now stop hoping :(
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

NASA, I am sorry that you have not heard yet :( . I hope your son will not be too disappointed - with any luck he might still have passed and at least end this part of the process on a (semi?) positive note before allocation day in March.

Mary, DS was so nervous - I was worried he would be the opposite! He was clutching onto his seat with both hands as if he was about to take off :shock: . It seemed to have gone ok although he said he was doing most of the talking and they went over time. He came out happy so they did their bit to relax him.

UmSusu
UmSusu
Grace2DC

Post by Grace2DC »

Umsusu: If your Ds did most of talking, he was obviously not as worried as he was waiting in the library. I would think that any boy will be a bit nervous at that circumstance, and it may do good to him.

You said that they went over time, and how long was it? I thought that they were very generous about allocation time. Last year, I seems remembered that a candidate had a 30 minutes talk with Mr Claughton and the parent had another 40 minutes afterwards. Of course they were just before the lunch time. Did your son break that record? At least you all can relax a bit now. less than 20 days to go.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

No Grace, it was not as long as that! Just 5 minutes over allocated time but it was at the beginning of the day and I thinking they were trying to shut him up so that they can keep to their schedule and move on :lol:

Have you had your interview? How did it go?

UmSusu
UmSusu
Grace2DC

Post by Grace2DC »

Umsusu: All seems well, but I was the one who was really nervous. I even had a dream that I was late and forgot some important documents for the interview. DS was a bit nervous when he initially heard the news. I did show him some useful posts (I felt) from this site, and he had a good laugh on some of them. He calms down and acts much better than me afterwards. HaHa!

He was asked some usual questions, and extended to other questions which were related to their previous coversation. DS had a really nice time, and very happy afterwards. DS's interview took about 15 minutes, and we used 20 minutes afterwards
morris1

Post by morris1 »

We had a call about an hour ago......going tomorrow morning....fingers crossed!!

Good luck to all :D
MaryMcG

Post by MaryMcG »

Morris1,

They haven't given you much notice! Well done to your son on getting this far!

Did they tell you what kind of interview it is?

Good luck!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now