Newstead Exam Date 2013

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Vids

Newstead Exam Date 2013

Post by Vids »

Can anyone give an idea when Newstead will publish their test dates? Their website calendar has 27th Sep 2013 as Entrance test. Is that going to be their test date. My DD's school is going on a trip during those dates. I have to pay the deposit by this week. I don't want to end up disappointing my daughter when everyone of her friends go for the trip. Any ideas about past test date publishing times.. Any other parent stuck with the same dilemma.
christmasbonus

Re: Newstead Exam Date 2013

Post by christmasbonus »

Hi Vids, there is a previous thread on this, called Exam dates already known for 2013. It is only a few threads below this one so you should be able to find it easily (sorry haven't worked out how to link to it!).

CB
Vids

Post by Vids »

Thanks christmasbonus.. I will figure out if i can do it
LauraA

Post by LauraA »

Hello there
It was me who posted same question some time ago. Since then I tried making contact with newstead and try find out a possible date for the same reason as you. They haven't yet given me a clear response or a final decision.
I have also made contact with the school head teacher where my daughter goes to ( I suspect the same as yours) and he said that the deadline of 25th of jan for trip deposit to be paid will be exceptionally extended for those girls who take the newstead exam. Also he assured me that he is trying to negotiate with them to set a different exam date for those girls who will be absent because of the trip. To be honest, I doubt he will have a resolution, but will keep you posted anyway.
I can see on the website that the date is set for the 27th sept, so I guess it will be that. Even if they set the exam for us for sat the 28th I still wouldn't allow my daughter on the trip as she might come back with a flu or just too tired, and I don't want to risk an important exam for a school trip.
Having said that, she is and will be disappointed about not going. I will never understand why the organisers of the trip do not take all these exams into consideration and do the trip first week of October. So unfair and so insensitive! But this is life....I've told my daughter that she will have many more trips while at school, an exam only comes once!
My DD is quite sensible though and together with the fact that the trip was due to start on the 23rd which is her sisters birthday which she was dreading to miss, I'm sure she will get over it, she has to!:-(. I told her though that October half term there will be a trip planned for her! Not sure where but they definetly deserve a reward for all the hard work they are putting in!
Do keep me posted if you hear anything and so will I'
Best of luck

Laura
Vids

Post by Vids »

Hi LauraA,

First of all I am sorry for the late response. I somehow missed you response to this thread.
I think many of the parents from the school are sailing on the same boat. In fact I paid the deposit on the last day(to keep things moving no matter whether she will be going for the trip or not) but got it returned a day after receiving an email from the headteacher that he has not reached any solution with Newstead.

My daughter is able to understand the situation and I have promised her a trip of her choice during December holidays ( Of course we have to recognize all their hard work).

This is the same situation the organizers would have faced the previous years. All these exams fall during the month of September and they should have tried and moved it to some other convenient time when the children are less busy.

Is your daughter preparing for all three exams? Hope Newstead is not changing their test format as Bexley .. Fingers crossed..I will let you know if get to know anything..

Good Luck
Vidyaa
Maddiebean

Post by Maddiebean »

Another one here waiting for dates.
I'm not sure why it is such a difficult thing, just pick a date Newstead :!:

Gosh, my first ever post and already complaining, I love the 11+ system. NOT.
8) 8) 8)
LauraA

Post by LauraA »

Hi Vidyaa

I still haven't heard anything else re Newstead situation. To be honest, I have long stopped worrying about this, the stress around exam preparation to be honest takes all the energy out of me these days! It is a subject we do not talk about in our house - 1. not to remind our daughter about it, and 2. she already decided she doesn't want to go, so no point to discuss.
Of course I am very disappointed for her, and quite upset that the school doesn't take this aspect into consideration, but hey....worst things can happen!

Yes, she is preparing for all 3 exams, but we are really hoping for either newstead or bexley as they are closer to home.
If not successful, then we will be considering Bullers Wood, if hopefully we are still in catchment area. Last year they went out 1.67 miles and we are 1.63 away! So pretty tight.
I just find this process extremely stressful and really, it shouldn't be....

Anyway just booked a lovely trip for october half term, so just concentrating on getting there sane and healthy!!:-)

Good luck to all the children

Laura
Vids

Post by Vids »

At last the confirmed dates are out

http://www.newsteadwood.bromley.sch.uk/ ... 014-15.pdf
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

There is a way around this if you still have time to pay the deposit. Send me a PM if interested.
sata

Post by sata »

Vids in response to your posting, the Newstead Wood exam date will be on the 27th September 2013 and results will be posted out on the 14th October 2013. Hope this is sufficient enough.

My DD is off to Newstead Wood this September2013. It was not her first preference and not happy about it, but has been talked over to focus on the learning and interact as much as possible to herself comfortable.