expectation of performance from Indie from scolarship DCs

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
omismum

expectation of performance from Indie from scolarship DCs

Post by omismum »

Hi,
What are the expepctation from scolarship candidate throughout their schooling?
do kids have to be always perform best?
if not then ,do they stop your scolarship?
As i have heard it about music...just wondering, does it happen in academic sholarship as well?

Thankyou
Reading Mum

Re: expectation of performance from Indie from scolarship D

Post by Reading Mum »

Dear omismum
I really suggest you try and book an appointment with the Head to discuss all your concerns as you seem to have many.
Your DD would be expected to try her hardest, as would they all. Her scholarship does not hang on the results of future tests but scholars are expected to be role models so if she totally switched off and didn't work then you might be called in for a discussion. But then you would be having a very similar discussion in this situation if she wasn't a scholar as it is an academically selective school and they expect them all to work hard.
cocoa0101

Post by cocoa0101 »

Hi,

I would echo the above. My DD is also the recipient of a scholarship and all we feel is that she performs her best which is not necessarily the best in the year group. There should not be undue pressure on you or your DD to constantly perform; they are still so young with so many other pressures. I would also go and have a chat with the head to put your mind at ease. A scholarship is a privilege that should be enjoyed, not something that should hang in th ebackground with the fear that it might be lost due to underperformance once in a while.
omismum

Post by omismum »

Hi Readingmum and cocoa0101,
You are right ....i will speak to the headteacher about it.
One thing i feel is, DD should not feel presurised whole time about her performance in her school life.
Thanks for reply.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

The head is very approachable and would much rather you discussed your concerns with her.

You are right to not want your DD pressurised but by applying to an academically selective school you are signing up to a more intense working environment than the local comp so its important to be sure that its the right choice for her. There is pressure to put the effort in but not everyone can be top and they know that.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now