Tutors - when to book and which ones

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

clueless2

Tutors - when to book and which ones

Post by clueless2 »

I am new to Bucks (Marlow area) and trying to learn a bit about the 11+ system and how people usually prepare.

I have been researching the 11+ online and have read a number of accounts of needing to book the best tutors many years in advance. Can anyone tell me how far in advance you need to have reserved a place to get the very best tutor?

I have seen a number of tutor web sites online but without knowing anyone yet to give me a recommendation I am completely clueless, as my name suggests! I understand that the best tutors tend not to advertise and that their names are passed on through recommendation.

Would anyone be kind enough to PM me the tutors/centres near Marlow with the best reputations? I would be very, very grateful if someone would help.

Thank you so much in advance.

Genuine recommendations by PM only (private message) are acceptable - but beware of the possibility that someone who appears to be offering a recommendation may have a vested interest! Please let us know if you think anyone is abusing the system by soliciting for business or 'spamming'. (It's easy to report a possible problem: just click on the 'report button' - the red exclamation mark.)

Always treat recommendations from unknown persons with caution. However, there are many long standing members (check the date of joining and number of posts) who make a valuable contribution to the forum. If you receive a recommendation from one of them, it could be worth considering seriously (while still exercising a degree of caution).

If you receive a recommendation from anyone else, please exercise extreme caution!

Note also:
Tutors can found in the online tutor directory by following this link:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/services/directory

Institutional Course details can be found by following this link:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/servic ... us-courses

Intensive Holiday Courses can be found by following this link:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/servic ... CEM-11plus

Kind regards,

ForumAdmin
scary mum

Re: Tutors - when to book and which ones

Post by scary mum »

Everything will be different this year so make sure the tutor is up to speed with the changes.
scary mum
clueless2

Post by clueless2 »

Thanks scarymum. Great advice. If I get some recommendations I will speak to them about that.

Would be very grateful indeed for any advice on when to book a tutor and who to book.

Thanks so much again.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Seriously you should consider DIY as parents are just as likely to be 'in the know' from here!
Garnett

Post by Garnett »

Indeed, DIY parents, with guidance provided by the contributors to this website and some good resources, can be of greater benefit to their children than some of the tutors out there !!
clueless2

Post by clueless2 »

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply. Very sadly, DIY is not going to be easy for me for a number of personal reasons. I will try my best but I think I am going to need a tutor/tutor centre to help. Not having any luck though finding any recommendations at all.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I have sent you a PM.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now