CEM 11+ and CEM MidYIS

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Becky Boo

CEM 11+ and CEM MidYIS

Post by Becky Boo »

I was wondering if anyone knows how comparable the CEM MidYIS taken in year 7 are to the CEM 11+ Entrance Exam.

Boo
Okanagan

Re: CEM 11+ and CEM MidYIS

Post by Okanagan »

MidYis is an adaptive test - so which questions you get will be dependent upon how you've answered the earlier ones. Which means that everyone's experience of it will be different, unlike the CEM 11+ which is a paper based test where they all get the same questions.
Becky Boo

Post by Becky Boo »

Thanks Okanagan. Very Helpful. So I'm assuming from your answer that all areas which are currently undertaking the CEM 11+ are using paper based tests e.g. Birmingham, Warwickshire, HBS etc Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers
Boo
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Some of the independent schools which use CEM for entrance testing will use an online format, which is adaptive and closer to the MidYis format. But all the state selective tests (including Birmingham, Warwickshire, HBS) are paper based at the moment.
Becky Boo

Post by Becky Boo »

Thanks again Okanagan
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

I think there are different sections which the children answer and the results are then used by the school to set internal/GCSE targets.

My son did his last year - the school does not give out results unless in special cases.