In Area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
GailJ

In Area

Post by GailJ »

I'm getting a bit nervous now allocation day is looming- for the Sale/ Alty/ Urmston Grammars does anyone know of anyone that hasnt got in even though they are in catchment? I've just taken it as red that DS would get a place but have heard that more children have passed this year so now not so sure?
Valmont

Re: In Area

Post by Valmont »

How would they know this? Don't we all have to wait until 1 March to learn our fate?
emsy

Post by emsy »

Sale has taken all in-catchment children for the past few years. AGSB takes all in-catchment passes first and has always had a lot of spaces left for out of catchment boys (I think at least a third) so you are pretty much guaranteed a place with a pass if you are in catchment. I don't know about Urmston.
GailJ

Post by GailJ »

Thanks Emsy, very reassuring- not too long 'til the 1st March now!
ugsmum

Post by ugsmum »

Hi
UGS also takes from out-of -catchment as their catchment area is very small. I'm sure you will be fine !
GailJ

Post by GailJ »

ugsmum wrote:Hi
UGS also takes from out-of -catchment as their catchment area is very small. I'm sure you will be fine !
Thanks ugsmum! just out out of curiosity, do you know if UGS take many children out of catchment? We live in Altrincham but didn't apply to UGS because I gathered we wouldnt get a place if DS passed but I may put my other children forward if they stand a chance? X