Offer day notification - email or letter?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

worri3d_mum

Offer day notification - email or letter?

Post by worri3d_mum »

I'm a bit confused -

Now the time's getting close, and I'm getting a lil' bit twitchy, I was trying to find out how I will be notified of DS's school allocation. Should I expect an email or a letter???

I completed the Southend LEA single application form online back in October on the Southend Council website, and got an email confirmation of choices.

The admissions booklet states that if you applied online, you will get an email on national offer day.

But I also got a letter from Southend council a few days later confirming the choices, which says "I will write to you on national offer day"...

Any ideas?
dez

Re: Offer day notification - email or letter?

Post by dez »

I am not quite sure about Southend! For Essex LEA if you have applied online the allocation details will be online at midnight 28/02/2013 (00:00 hr 01/03/2013). Just log on to the Southend LEA website you should get some information there! :D
moved

Post by moved »

Southend will send you an email; they arrive at random times during the day.
worri3d_mum

Post by worri3d_mum »

Cool, thanks x
jojo1

Post by jojo1 »

Can't believe that we'll all be put out of our misery in just over 2 weeks! Trying not to think about it too much and hope it's not as stressful as the delay in waiting to hear from the CSSE. :(
moved

Post by moved »

Anyone doing anything for half term?
purplegirl

Post by purplegirl »

moved wrote:Anyone doing anything for half term?
I was much more worried waiting for the results to come out in October, then we had the big decision of choosing schools and working out what order to put them down on the application form. That was very stressful!

Now, waiting for the school allocations to come through, I'm much more relaxed, as at this point there is nothing I can do, so, what will be will be. DD is borderline for CCHS, but we are hopeful. If she doesn't get a place, then there will be the stress of waiting lists etc but hopefully it won't come to that.

Looking forward to a good half term, I've taken the week off work so plan to do a few treats with DDs, exactly what we get up to will to some extent depend on the weather and what they fancy doing on a day to day basis. So....maybe a theme park... maybe a little shopping at Westfield....maybe a trip to the cinema....maybe a trip to the hairdressers....maybe the zoo....maybe a friend round for a sleepover...maybe just a couple of days relaxing at home....
ahap

Post by ahap »

8 days..........

For Essex LA, you can view your allocated school here by midnight on 28/02/2013 for those who applied online and also an email will be sent to you the next day, 01/03/2013.

https://emsonline.essexcc.gov.uk/CCSEnt ... ccount.mvc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
ahap

Post by ahap »

How's everyone feeling? 3 days to go....
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
campergirl

Post by campergirl »

:| :| :| :| :|
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now