March 1st is this week-eek!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Manana

March 1st is this week-eek!

Post by Manana »

Does anyone know how the Southend folk get their results? I've just checked DS's letter which says that they (Janet Greasley?) will write to us on the 1st and we will receive something on the 2nd/3rd? I applied online, surely we won't have to wait for a letter? :roll:

Essex people can check online at midnight, I believe-surely there is somethign similar in place for us!?
moved

Re: March 1st is this week-eek!

Post by moved »

In previous years they have sent an email.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Last year, the emails came out at midnight but with one enormous glitch - they looked rather like merged documents where someone had just typed in the names of the merge fields, rather than inserting them, before running the mailmerge. The only bit of ours that was correct - sadly - was the part which said unable to allocate any of our preferences :( . We all had to wait for 8.30, when they re-ran the batch correctly, to find out which schools our DC had all actually been allocated. In our case, one we hadn't even been to look at - but it has all worked out fine in the end :) .

I think if you look at the Southend on Sea website now, it says that this year the emails will be sent out between 8am and 10am on the 1st.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Manana

Post by Manana »

ToadMum wrote:Last year, the emails came out at midnight but with one enormous glitch - they looked rather like merged documents where someone had just typed in the names of the merge fields, rather than inserting them, before running the mailmerge. The only bit of ours that was correct - sadly - was the part which said unable to allocate any of our preferences :( . We all had to wait for 8.30, when they re-ran the batch correctly, to find out which schools our DC had all actually been allocated. In our case, one we hadn't even been to look at - but it has all worked out fine in the end :) .

I think if you look at the Southend on Sea website now, it says that this year the emails will be sent out between 8am and 10am on the 1st.
Thank you! Not long to go now, then we'll know.

I'm now worrying that I filled the forms in wrong...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now