1 week to go!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
FluffyD

1 week to go!

Post by FluffyD »

Not long now then!!

I am being realistic and knowing that it isn't going to happen for us though a little part of me still wishes.....................

I suppose it's really only 6 days as we can log on at midnight on Thursday..Eek!

Good luck everybody and I hope you get the results you want.
x
Vic x
yorkshiremum

Re: 1 week to go!

Post by yorkshiremum »

I know it's quite a stressful time! I spoke to Calderdale today they said results should be online from 12.00am however last year the system crashed so I'm not sure if I'm going to stay up, might just get up earlier than normal :-) my dd no longer wants to go to the grammar schools but I'm hoping to convince her otherwise if we are lucky enough to get a place.

Good luck to you all :-) xx
tricky

Post by tricky »

Good luck to everyone. Hope you all get your first choices. Fingers crossed
panicmum

Post by panicmum »

I have been quite relaxed about allocation day, as I am fairly sure we will get first choice due to knowing her score/rank. However I feel for all who are still in limbo. Good luck to all on allocation day, I hope everybody gets what they want.
janet71

Post by janet71 »

Like Fluffy Ive accepted in my mind that DS isnt going to get in with the massive pass rate this year for EGS and as much as it saddens me as he passed by over 40pts, is that all the extra work we did for the test has not gone unrewarded as he has improved massively in his English at school and been entered for L6 SATS (he was slightly below english when we started the extra work as Maths was his forte) Knowing so many passed the EGS and his place not as secure , I have made sure that he is L5 in Maths and English this past year and if I had been more sure of him getting into EGS, which he would have on past mileage, I dont think I would have pushed so much once the test was over and he would have been average (hes bright but VERY lazy) - I didnt want him to go to BGS as average. So hopefully the tears, tantrums and arguments have paid off....I feel sorry for him in one respect as I never had any of this pressure in the 80's going to highschool - it was what ever it was......but I dont think you can plod through highschool these days and hope to get somewhere in 5yrs.....I know my DS is lazy and it maddens me as hes bright but you have to keep plugging away and hope it all works out in the end for them.

This time next week I can rest and will know.

One thing I dont understand is if there are 112 places - once the list goes out on Fri are the 112 places filled? Where do all these "extra" places appear after appeals? - On past figs there seems to be several passing on appeal but then still shows total places add up to 112.....Anyway it will be all over next week.
andy from embsay

Post by andy from embsay »

i assume some people offered a place don't accept - but they have (i think) taken more then 112 after allocation appeals.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

It is right that some opt not to take the place, or move from the area etc - but even then there may still be more than 112 after appeals have been heard, the year group sizes do vary
Gogi

Post by Gogi »

Nothing is impossible! crossing everything for you Janet and Fluffy....Catchment went as far as Heaton BD9 last year... ****
janet71

Post by janet71 »

Gogi wrote:Nothing is impossible! crossing everything for you Janet and Fluffy....Catchment went as far as Heaton BD9 last year... ****
Yeah but i bet 168 didn't pass lol x
I'm ok about it now, cried, came to terms and strangely think getting bgs will have its benefits but of course still hoping for a miracle........
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

I had a dream last night that DS got in to EGS, that's just mean!

I am hoping for him to get a place as I think it is the perfect school for him, even down to the discipline! :shock: Hormones, enough said!

He has gone back to school excited this week and they are having a mock SATS week and he loves taking exams and tests, strange boy :wink:

3 sleeps to go for those of us that are staying up late on Thu night to log on!!!
Last edited by FluffyD on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vic x
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now