Highgate or Latymer Upper???

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

loveyouradvice

Highgate or Latymer Upper???

Post by loveyouradvice »

It would be great to hear any insights about what really is the difference between these two excellent schools, which we're lucky enough to be choosing between. My DD is about to decide and this could help us enormously! Particularly interested in the culture around girls, and whether there are many quirky ones, or just lots of rather sophisticated, short skirted ones? Mine's a tomboy
fairyelephant

Re: Highgate or Latymer Upper???

Post by fairyelephant »

Very pleased to hear your news loveyouradvice! Good luck with the decision. Highgate is near to us, and lots of local kids go there but I have no personal insight I'm afraid, am sure someone who does will be along soon. Let us know how you get on. How do they compare academically?
loveyouradvice

Re: Highgate or Latymer Upper???

Post by loveyouradvice »

Academically similar - until this year, Highgate always higher in the FTSE tables but this year Latymer leapt up, and Highgate dropped...... possible Latymer a tad more academic as they've become so popular in West London may well be taking more academic kids now.....but dont really know and doesnt feel key decider to me as both "good enough" and not in top 20, which is what Im looking for.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now