Dedicated teachers!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ourmaminhavana

Dedicated teachers!

Post by ourmaminhavana »

I certainly don't mean to imply that one can only be dedicated by being physically at school, however I have to say I was very impressed when I dropped DD at Breakfast Club at 7.45 this morning to bump into no less than three members of staff (out of seven) who were already at DD's state primary school. :D
magwich2

Re: Dedicated teachers!

Post by magwich2 »

Perhaps they are worried about their performance related pay or perhaps they are getting divorced anyway and have given up trying to have a family life
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

:?
scary mum
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

When I did my first teaching practice, both of us- my pgce partner and I, were at the school at 7.30 am and would leave around 4.30pm / 5pm. And we were working for free! :wink:

But during my second teaching practice- the school was further afield and I used to get there around 7.55 am. However, all 4 Reception classroom teachers were already there and setting up (some had arrived at 7.15 am). I think for Primary especially, you need to be there quite early on.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now