Allocation Day !! How's everyone feeling ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Angie76

Allocation Day !! How's everyone feeling ?

Post by Angie76 »

Hi everyone

Just wondered how everyone is feeling ? The anxiousness has come back now allocation day is near !!!
Here's hoping everyone gets their first choice :D

Good luck everyone :D

Angie76 x
Celtic Worrier

Re: Allocation Day !! How's everyone feeling ?

Post by Celtic Worrier »

Hello Angie

yes me too getting a bit jittery now, am convinced there has been some admin error (we are ooc) and it has all gone pear shaped, or the school my son has set his heart on has had a bumper year of top scorers and he falls below the cut off point. Wouldn't have believed this was going to cause me so much grief when we started. This forum has been a big help though

Wishing everyone who has done this all the best for friday and if you are just starting out.. :lol: Good Luck!

CW
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Hiya Both - after the stress of last year, it feels surreal that I am literally waiting for DS's offer to come through, so I keep fleeting from relaxed joy/relief to disbelief and then thoughts about errors in admissions/errors on the application form keep creeping in! Two complete extremes for me in 12 months feels weird! All DS's school/cricket/football friends have siblings bar 2, so fingers crossed for them and everyone else with their first choices, I know exactly what you are going through xx
JRM

Post by JRM »

I thought I was the only one worried about admin errors! We're OOC but should be okay, but I still don't know how we will find out. That date of March 1st has been in my head for so long, but now I am worried that I will be stalking the postlady on Saturday just like I was when results came out. And just like when results came out DS will have a big football match and not be the slightest bit interested in schools for the day :lol:

I watched the Wright Stuff :oops: this mornign while I was ironing and all the talk about peopel lying about their address to get into a particular school didn't help settle my nerves either.
The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
Dr Seuss
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Good luck all, I'll be thinking of you. Remember wine and chocolate always helps. :)
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Saturday?? Post?? If you applied to Lincs CC I think you can view your offer on line. If you applied to Notts - its sent by email on Friday and Second class post the same day. Our school doesn't have an actual catchment, just siblings and then distance, so there are alot of nervous people this week. Fingers crossed for everyone xx
JRM

Post by JRM »

North Lincs. And I have a horrid memory of a friend having to wait until the Saturday to get a letter. I will have to track her down tomorrow. March 1st was a Thursday last year so they can't have had to wait 2 days for the post, surely? You see, the stress that I am doing my best not to feel is actually turning my mind loopy.
The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
Dr Seuss
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Ah I see. Not sure re North Lincs. Yes 1 March was a thurs last year (it still haunts me) and my Notts letter didn't come until the Saturday, but Notts do say emailed 1 March and posted second class that day, so I'd expect 2 days for second class. From the sound of it you're Ok where you are though.
Angie76

Post by Angie76 »

Hi everyone

I'm so hoping we get an email about allocations as I can't go through the endless checks on my letter box lol :(
Good luck everyone of you and Stocky you have been through so much so fingers are crossed this year goes smoothly :D
This site has helped so very much so thanks everyone x
Angie76

Post by Angie76 »

Oh and ourmaminhavana wine and chocs in stock already lol so will hopefully enjoy that Friday :D

Good luck x