Nonsuch and Wallington Girls weaknesses?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Potterfan

Nonsuch and Wallington Girls weaknesses?

Post by Potterfan »

I am contemplating Nonsuch and Wallington Girls for my DD. It appears they are neck and neck on the GCSE league tables. If someone has an older child in either of these school, would they mind mentioning the weaknesses of either school? Or PM me, if that is more suitable.

An insider's view would be invaluable.

Also, why is it to the school's advantage to do a GCSE (of a core subject) earlier than the usual Yr 10? The number of pupils still have to add up.

Any information, however little will help me.
modernista

Re: Nonsuch and Wallington Girls weaknesses?

Post by modernista »

Hi,

My DD started at Nonsuch last year. Love the school, brilliant at academics and exceeded my expectations in music. Disappointed at the time girls get in the pool. It is a large school so if your DD is not very good at sport, she may not get a chance. Having said that I wouldn't send her anywhere else. Chose it over an academic scholarship in indie and Tiffin and am happy with decision.
Potterfan

Post by Potterfan »

Thanks, Modernista, for your reply.
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

Was at the Nonsuch open evening tonight... Re-affirmed my view from a few years back that it is a nice school and the buildings seem to have benefited from some renovation since we were last there.
Apart from the change of head teacher being a bit disconcerting I think we'll definitely be applying; especially liked the Art.
Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now