2008 standardised weighting

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Araucana girl

2008 standardised weighting

Post by Araucana girl »

Now that 2008 papers are out for free have just given them to dd to do this morning. There aren't many scores on the 2008 thread. Any chance at all that anyone knows the weigh tings? I think ahap posted the formulas for the 2012 papers, be great if I had an idea for 2008.
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
ToadMum

Re: 2008 standardised weighting

Post by ToadMum »

DS1's scores for 2008 entry:

English Score 36/50
Mathematics score 21/38
Verbal Reasoning Score 58/80
These three results are adjusted to take account of any variations in the difficulty of different papers each year and combined to produce your child's overall, standardised, weighted score of: 346.47.

School Preferences (alphabetical):Southend High School for Boys *
Total Applicants: 839
Your ranked position: 43
Applicants on your ranked list*: 499

* For Southend/Westcliff Grammar Schools there are two offer lists, one for children attending primary school within the ‘Southend Priority Area’ and one for children attending primary school outside the ‘Southend Priority Area’. (i.e.499 in-catchment boys sat the test, of whom DS1 was ranked no.43)There is a minimum 'passmark' for places awarded within the 'Southend Priority Area' of 303.00, below which your child will not appear on a school's offer list. However, a score above the passmark is not, in itself, a guarantee of a grammar school place.

We were/are in catchment for the Southend schools. First choice SHSB allocated.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Wow! And I thought I was the Queen of Cobwebby Stats on this forum!

Take a bow, ToadMum! (Or kiss a Prince, if that is what ToadMums prefer? :D )

I also love your signature, but that is a whole other thread ...

Sally-Anne
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Sally-Anne wrote:Wow! And I thought I was the Queen of Cobwebby Stats on this forum!

Sally-Anne
Email from CSSE filed away for sentimental reasons :lol:

Actually, at the time I thought I wouldn't actually get the email at all. Having given my then work email address when I registered DS1 for the test, by the time that Monday March 3rd rolled round we were having big problems with our work spam filter "netting" things at random; it was a "non-working day" for me and although I could access emails from home, I wouldn't be able to get into the filter to find trapped emails :shock: . A very kind IT person volunteered to look for me if necessary, though, and in the event, both the CSSE and the Southend emails got through unchallenged :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Thank you so much Toadmum, you have made me feel so much better. Dd did them this morning and did really well on English 34/50 ( compared to paper she did before Christmas and got 19!) and then completely mucked up the maths, her best subject, with 20/38. You have made me hope she can still do it, we are trying CEM for CCHS and out of catchment for WHSG :D
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
cetaylormade

Post by cetaylormade »

Hi Araucana girl

You said that the 2008 tests are available - where from? I really need to try and get hold of past papers and can't seem to find any but the most recent. Would really appreciate your help :D
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

The exam papers (2007 & 2008) are available to download from CSSE http://www.csse.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cetaylormade

Post by cetaylormade »

Thank you so much mitasol - only went on there few days ago and didn't see! :lol:
bravado

Post by bravado »

Sally-Anne wrote:Wow! And I thought I was the Queen of Cobwebby Stats on this forum!

Sally-Anne

I can give the stats for the 27th November 2004 exam - I've still got DD1's letter - I suspect that's a bit of cobwebby thing, too lol :lol:
moved

Post by moved »

The scores for maths were atrocious. It was the year with the triangle at the end. It was also the first year of multiple choice VR. The English paper was quite nice, although not easy.

I know of plenty of Southend grammar children who scored below 10 on the maths paper and are predicted great GCSEs.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now