Is Athey suitable for Tiffin Boys?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Extremely confused

Is Athey suitable for Tiffin Boys?

Post by Extremely confused »

Can anyone direct me as to which are the most useful practise papers for Tiffin Boys - Using NFER, Bond and have just ordered Athey??
Louise2

Post by Louise2 »

My daugher has just started at Tiffin Girls and we used NFER, Bond, AFN, Bright Sparks, The Tutors and Walsh for VR and NFER, Bond and AFN for NVR
Extremely confused

Post by Extremely confused »

Many thanks - are Tiffin Boys and Girls exam the same one?
Louise2

Post by Louise2 »

Yes it is
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Extremely Confused

Cannot comment on NVR.

With regard to VR, steer clear of Bond and Athey as they do not use the 21 types of VR used by the Tiffin schools.

I appreciate Louise used Bond and successfully gained a place for her daughter [ well done!] however there is no point in covering types that will not appear, there are plenty of products that will cover the necessary material.

Good Luck with your preparation.

Patricia
Extremely Confused

Post by Extremely Confused »

Many thanks Patricia, I will concentrate on those mentioned in previous threads.
Extremely Confused

Post by Extremely Confused »

Apologies, still no info on NVR? Any ideas?
Jess

Post by Jess »

Hi Louise2-how's your daughter enjoying Tiffin? Hope she's settled in well.

Post by Guest »

Hi, can anybody tell me at what time approx. in the day the tiffin girls' exam starts and when does it finish. thanks
Louise2

Post by Louise2 »

Jess

Thank you for asking she seems to have settled very well, she has made a nice group of friends already and so far no homework. There are lots of girls there on their own like my daughter and they seem to make a real effort to get to know each other. Early days but so far so good.

The exam is usually in the morning for girls who live in the borough of Kingston and in the afternoon for others. Allow three hours in total, my daughter's group was late coming out of their exam room, from arrival to leaving it was 3 hours. Exact timings will be sent by letter on 23rd November, NVR is 1st, VR 2nd.