"Kind regards"

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ginx

"Kind regards"

Post by ginx »

Warwickshire County Council emailed me to confirm we would hear which school dd2's got in to by email.

It was signed "kind regards". Obviously I know that's a standard end, but I am now wondering if it means "don't get your hopes up"!

Aaagggggghhhh! Sorry if that looks like a teenager's fb comment, but it's how I feel.

How would you interpret "kind regards"? This is such a long week.
Tinkers

Re: "Kind regards"

Post by Tinkers »

They probably didn't even look up the results for your DD, some people just use Kind regards regardless.

You could even read it the other way and think it means good news.
ginx

Post by ginx »

I know, Tinkers. How are you feeling?
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

I doubt it means anything. "Kind Regards" is just a more modern/slightly informal (perhaps used more for email) version of the older Yours sincerely/Yours faithfully which people would add to letters even if they were neither sincere nor faithful. But then I've not had an email to say I'm getting an email, so maybe that in itself means something!

Actually it has always seemed to me that those two are the wrong way round - "Yours faithfully" when you don't have a name and "Yours sincerely" when you dio. Surely you could be sincere regardless of whether you knew the person, but only faithful when you did know them?
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

I think you are reading too much into that! I use Kind Regards in most formal emails these days. All will be fine I am sure x
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

PM sent to you Ginx
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Don't read too much into it Ginx. I find 'Regards' and 'Kind Regards' are used more frequently now in e-mails. Headteacher uses it at DD's school in any response. Even started using it mself! :D

Kind Regards,

PP :wink:
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

No, it doesn't mean anything. One of my colleagues has "Kindest regards" welded into his automatic signature. IMHO that's going a bit far, being old-fashioned I might occasionally use "regards" but will only stretch to "kind regards" in extreme cases. About 10 years ago "kind regards" on an email meant something (it's one of the major causes of me now being married to Mrs 1880 in fact) but not any more.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

My American colleagues use "Best regards" which makes my kind ones feel a little inadequate!

Hugs 'n' kisses :D :roll:

Scary mum
scary mum
ginx

Post by ginx »

Lots of Love!!!!