'RESULTS' THREAD.....2013 ENTRY

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sss

'RESULTS' THREAD.....2013 ENTRY

Post by sss »

I've apostrophised the results in the title because this time, for the first time, was where we knew the 'results' or scores back in Oct last year - it's the outcome of those results that we are all waiting for in trepidation.
Irrespective of tomorrow's outcome for my dd, I thought I'd say a BIG thank you to those who have guided & advised me generously on this long & arduous journey, namely: KenR, Mike1880, vza, Umsusu, MSD, Okanagan & of course DIYMum (good luck to the latter four who I believe are awaiting for tomorrow's outcome with bated breath, I;m sure.
In fact good luck to all those waiting & biting their nails.
UmSusu

Re: 'RESULTS' THREAD.....2013 ENTRY

Post by UmSusu »

Thank you sss for setting this up - I am glad you caved in as I did not have the guts!

Good luck to your DD and to everyone else's DCs too. Just remember, big hugs whatever the outcome. For me, the tension with results is never about the actual school as much as it is how the DC is going to react to the news - I am a complete wimp about giving disappointing news to children :(

A word of caution to all: eveyone on here is usually very good about these things but we do occasionally get the odd insensitive post that drones on and on about their (well the DC's :wink: ) high score. I am not talking about the one's who simply mention it as a celebration, I am talking about the others. I do actually feel that posters should feel free to post both their good and bad news but telling everyone once is usually sufficient :roll: . Also, please don't hound other parents about results in the playground or call up people you wouldn't usually contact to see what they got - I have seen it happen and it really drives me nuts to find an obviously disappointed DC and DP having to announce their news to a whole group when it hasn't even sunk in yet. The kids can tell each other what they got at school and if you really need to know you can ask them when they get home.

Sorry, I will take my bossy hat off now but I seee the same thing happen every year at school :( .

UmSusu
UmSusu
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Well said UmSusu. :wink:
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Thanks UmSusu for encouraging sensitivity.

While good results are to be congratulated, there are obvious disappointments too.

Others don't need to be reminded of "my DC got X,Y,Z scholarship and a place at X Grammar School" repeatedly :twisted:

Also it really helps if those who are certain of their choices, and especially the places they wish to refuse, return the relevant slips as soon as possible to help those waiting/borderline.

I will now put my bossy hat next to yours....
ginx

Post by ginx »

I loathe parents who brag, it is insensitive and can be upsetting. However, that doesn't mean to say I don't want to know how all your dc have done - I feel I've got to know you over the past seven months and care about your dc's results too. (As much as you can know members with names like, sorry, Pumpkin Pie!)

Time is really dragging. Hence I'm on here.
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

I've been having my own personal sweepstake on the first 'my DC only scored 280 on the KE exam and I'm worried they won't get a GS place' post :roll:. Have to say I thought it would have happened by now :lol:
Last edited by muminbrum on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sss

Post by sss »

muminbrum wrote:I've been having my own personal sweepstake on the first 'my DC only scored 280 on the KE exam and I'm worried they won't get a GS place' post :lol: . Have to say I thought it would have happened by now :o
:lol:
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly with being sensitive about posting results. Actually, one of the major flaws for this new system is the fact that once scores are revealed, you get some dps becoming inflated: saying "my dc scored in excess of 240, 250, or whatever with very little work...blah, blah blah". It really goes to their heads! :evil:

I just hope there's a lot more sensitivity in the school playground on Monday morning (or if they come out tonight- Friday morning).

Anyhow, rant over...best wishes everyone! :D
KenR

Post by KenR »

Strange how as one journey starts another ends - we attended our last parents evening at KEFW last Tuesday with my DS - all finished now for us

best of luck to all
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Would just like to send everyone good luck.

At my DS school there is only him and 1 other applying for GS. All the rest apart from about 2 or 3 will all be going to the same comp, which is guaranteed as the primary school they are at is a feeder school for the comp (. Both faith schools ) so there won't really be anyone asking who got what!

It's been lovely chatting on here and asking for advice etc.

Hopefully we will all be back tomorrow with the news we want!

The wait is nearly over!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now