Anyone Travelling from Bristol to HSFG

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

BradleyStoke

Anyone Travelling from Bristol to HSFG

Post by BradleyStoke »

Hello All, My daughter got into HSFG and I am wondering if anyone else got into the same school from Bristol
dr.watson

Re: Anyone Travelling from Bristol to HSFG

Post by dr.watson »

I know few who go to Pates. But it shouldn't be that different. We are planning to moving into the catchment.
BradleyStoke

Post by BradleyStoke »

Dr.Watson, that's really good to know. My older daughter also went to HSFG and used to take train from Parkway.
dr.watson

Post by dr.watson »

yes it will be the same route. Pates pupils take 0740 from parkway and prepaid taxi from station.
littlebaker

Post by littlebaker »

Does anyone know how much the tickets cost from Parkway to Cheltenham for a child at that time of day. I tried to find out online but they vary alot from website to website. Just wondered if anyone who has actually bought the ticket knew? And is the prepaid taxi costly or complicated to arrange?
dr.watson

Post by dr.watson »

I was in touch with one of the parents last year this is an excerpt from that email:

"About the travelling cost, the train ticket for this half term is about £170 , from Sep 3 to Oct 19, ( next term is about £200, as it is a longer term). The taxi fare is £5.40 per trip and shared among 3 kids, so £1.80 per journey. For the school bus, it set off at about 3:50pm (school finish at 15:35) will cost £1.50. So all in all, I think it takes about £250 to £300 per half term. It’s not cheap but still, is the cheapest option at the moment."

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/s ... et/tickets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; tells me the following:

Days/Months Price
7 Days £30.80
1 Month £118.30
3 Months £354.85
6 Months £709.65
12 Months £1,232.00
littlebaker

Post by littlebaker »

Thank you for going to so much trouble dr watson. Well done to your DS for getting into Pates aswell. It's a logistical nightmare all this travelling but I hope you find a way that works for you as a family. Just wait until you find out his new best friend lives in Tewkesbury or Swindon and he wants to 'pop' over to see him :lol:
dr.watson

Post by dr.watson »

Since the confirmation email yesterday, we are now actively looking for homes in Gloucester area. Cheltenham seems unaffordable. Got 6 appointments/viewings booked today.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now