Kendrick 2015 entry anyone ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
rg45mum

Kendrick 2015 entry anyone ?

Post by rg45mum »

Yes I know it seems a little bizarre posting on here for 2015 entry, but that's only 18 months away from the 11 plus date. I'm living in Crowthorne and we are doing some informal study at home in preparation - particularly vocabulary building and making sure we have got a good foundation of maths and English before starting more formal tutoring in September. Interested in hearing from anyone considering applying, particularly in this area so we can set up a little support group for ourselves.

I did the 11 plus many years ago - have found this website invaluable to ensuring we have the right practice materials etc for doing some self tutoring. Look forward to hearing from you all. RG45mum.
Patzie

Re: Kendrick 2015 entry anyone ?

Post by Patzie »

Yep, I am with you on the 2015, all be it in a different area, planning, planning, planning.
Patzie :)
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Good luck to you on this journey. My DD will be starting at Kendrick in September.

We did DIY and it worked for us. There are plenty of useful guides on here to the right sort of materials but vocab is probably the single biggest area you can easily work on in a little and often way.
I bought the VR download from this site and, although DD didn't really like it, the words that it expected her to know were quite an eye opener. In the end I never left her alone to do the questions on it but just used it as a prompt to learn some new vocab - I often had to explain what several of the options meant in a single multi choice question and I would have said her vocabulary was pretty good. There are a couple of word lists in the free downloads from Patricia which are a good starting point
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Yep, younger Dd wants a piece of the action too :lol: We've kept quiet about it until now but last night she said herself she wants to go for Kendrick.

Here we go again then :shock:
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

I am not surprized at all. Good luck to her. With your support, she will make it happen too.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

tiffinboys wrote:With your support, she will make it happen too
Thanks my friend :)

I have my little helper this timeround and with help from my buddies on here, we'll give it our best shot :D
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

sonasona wrote:Yep, younger Dd wants a piece of the action too :lol: We've kept quiet about it until now but last night she said herself she wants to go for Kendrick.

Here we go again then :shock:
Always good when the desire to go comes from themselves.

Glad I don't have to do it again though, 8)
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

sonasona wrote:Glad I don't have to do it again though
Don't worry Tinkers, I'll be needing your help too :)
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Also glad I only had 1 child :)
amnash

Post by amnash »

Hi all, we too are going to try for Kendrick 2015 entry, we bought some Bonds books as well as Suzan Daughtry's books but we haven't had the chance to work on them yet,,, I would love to DIY it but I have 18 months little monkey and finishing a PhD as well, the plan is to submit PhD end of October not sure I will make it so worried about my daughter, I am investigating tutors at the moment
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now