Deciding between excellent selective and indie

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
E17ie

Deciding between excellent selective and indie

Post by E17ie »

Hello - my dilemma is about state (Latymer) v indie (Bancrofts). Because indie parents possibly don't see the LA boards where I originally posted, I thought I'd link to it from here - otherwise I'm just going to get Latymer parents opinions.. Hope this is okay, mods?

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 18&t=31104" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lefol

Re: Deciding between excellent selective and indie

Post by lefol »

Both great schools , with good EB and GCSE grades . If this is going to be a stretch financially and you have another DC to consider , my advice is that you go with Latymer and that the money you save is used towards extras. The location for Latymer is not that dodgy and if transport becomes an issue , you can always look for a local transport company that will take him to and from school safely . Always remember that it is easier to transfer from a grammar school to indie , than the other way round if things don't work out , but I am sure things will work out well.

Well done to your DS as again they are both excellent schools .
E17ie

Re: Deciding between excellent selective and indie

Post by E17ie »

Thanks lefol - really useful. We've decided to go for Latymer, though I must say that writing the email declining the scholarship will be a bit <gulp> !
Thanks again.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now