Appealing in Warks?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

serendippyty

Appealing in Warks?

Post by serendippyty »

Is it hard? Do you have to prove extenuating circumstances? Do you have to present evidence personally to a panel (I suffer panic disorder).

Any info appreciated.
instantsunshine

Re: Appealing in Warks?

Post by instantsunshine »

Hi - I don't know your area but a similar question about appealing in Kent was asked by palacebelle & Etienne posted the following reply:
"A date will be arranged for the hearing, and the panel would have to meet at that scheduled time in order to take its decision.

You don't have to attend if you don't want to - the panel will reach its decision without you.

However, your chances of a successful appeal might be reduced if you don't attend. There may well be questions the panel would have liked to put to you in person.
Have a look on the appeals Q&As. as you'll find lots of useful information there.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

serendippyty wrote:Is it hard?
Most appeals are not going to be easy! :)
Do you have to prove extenuating circumstances?
Not necessarily.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 35&t=24978" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Do you have to present evidence personally to a panel (I suffer panic disorder).
See instantsunshine's response above.

You don't have to present the evidence as such - you could just say that you hope it will speak for itself. (Panel members will probably breathe a sigh of relief at being spared a presentation!)

I think it would be advisable to tell the panel that you suffer from panic attacks.
Do you have a good friend or relative - or someone from the primary school - who could come with you, and help with answering any questions?

The Q&As can be found here:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

Thank you.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now