2nd Round Offers for AGGS?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
wigwam12

2nd Round Offers for AGGS?

Post by wigwam12 »

DD passed AGGS and we ranked it 1st on CAF.
When we applied we lived ~7.5 miles away in Manchester.
Moved Dec 2012 (ie after 15th Oct) and now live~5miles away.
Friend lives a little further away from it than us and got an offer but we didn't (we apparently got offer of our 6th place school!)
I smell something fishy about LEA transfer as per Appeals thread post.

Will ring AGGS to confirm we want to appeal but any insight on the pathway would be helpful relating to the moving nearer and in fact living nearer than girls who did get an offer (albeit it they lived there before 15th Oct unlike us).

In the meantime we have the weekend to decide between MHGS and Withington - and look to rustle up £10k a year....

Thanks
bns

Re: 2nd Round Offers for AGGS?

Post by bns »

GPS wrote:aharris - I was finding your post hard to read because the spaces had all been squashed by the editor.
I have reconstituted below what I think you intended.
Unfortunately to be able to get tabs to work I have to put this in a box that comes up marked as 'code' - please ignore that.
Can you let us know if this is what you intended?

Code: Select all

Have some figures from AGGS admission office. Thought to share-

yr					10/11				11/12		12/13

sat					898				898			892 so far

passed				294				295			329

position on list of final pupil	
						220 (1st round)	238		??? A
						252 (2nd round)

mileage			5.76529			6.210692		??? B

Guess and see how far you can go. My guess A=230, B=4.76105

Have a guess now and will see on 1st march.

Hope this helpful.
I have taken this and copied and pasted it here for you ,wigwam, as you can see you it's no suprise that you did not get first allocation for AGGGS as per previous historical data but your chances of second allocations is very, very good IMO, BTW I think you need to be in your new area > 18/12 but then you would of got ypur 1st allocation anyway, last yr 2nd allocations went right up to 8 miles in the end, as per TM
not bad second choices if you could stretch to it financialy
Last edited by bns on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valmont

Post by Valmont »

The AGGS admissions policy section 1.9 does seem to offer you a glimmer of hope:

1.9 Applicants who move home and reside nearer to the School from 15 October but before 1 March who have made an on-time application to their Home Authority naming the School as a preference will be considered from the address given on the original application form given to the School until after the first round of offers. Thereafter, the new address will only be considered if and when evidence and legal documentation in relation to the change of residency similar to that required in 1.8 above have been supplied to the School.

My advice would be to get the ball rolling as quickly as possible, involving the school and your L.E.A. Persistence is the key.

Not sure if relevant to your situation but Sale grammar has been undersubscribed in previous years, I know at least one child last year who just failed the Sale exam and was offered a place on appeal.
bns

Post by bns »

must of missed that valmont
even better news then wigwam :D
hang on in there!!
i would take valmont's advise and get the documents ready pronto , valmont is usually right in these matters!
must be some kind of lawyer who loves reading small print, unlike myself :lol:
GailJ

Post by GailJ »

Best of luck Wigwam- in DS's class there is a girl that has been accepted for AGGS but is going to Withington, I presume others will be doing this so hopefully places will be coming up? Hope everything works out ok.
wigwam12

Post by wigwam12 »

Thanks
It is the uncertainty of this whole matter that is the main headache right now - I don't even have formal confirmation of allocation at our 6th choice school yet :(
wigwam12

Post by wigwam12 »

I actually already sent the school all the relevant documentations back in early Jan 2013
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

wigwam12 wrote:I smell something fishy about LEA transfer as per Appeals thread post.
For the benefit of anyone not reading the Appeals section, this aspect of the situation has been resolved: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 35&t=31125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wigwam12

Post by wigwam12 »

Thanks Sally-Anne i came to post the same think.
Nothing fishy after all just one of those things we have to roll with.
Halemum

Post by Halemum »

I know of 3 girls (possibly 5) that got a place at AGGS and won't be taking it. All going to either Withington, Cheethams (the music one) or Manchester High. So there's a few places already for those appealing. :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now