Southend and Westcliff in-catchment allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ToadMum

Southend and Westcliff in-catchment allocations

Post by ToadMum »

So far I have had contact with two friends whose DSs have had their first choice of SHSB confirmed :) , but presumably the general lack of posting by those in-catchment for the Southend / Westcliff schools is due to the fact that fewer in-catchment DC passed than there were places available, so most if not all got their first choice?

(Just my Elephant's Child tendencies getting the better of me, I suppose, wondering where folk have chosen :) ).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
worri3d_mum

Re: Southend and Westcliff in-catchment allocations

Post by worri3d_mum »

My DS and 2 of his friends at school got their 1st choice at SHSB... they're all over the moon :)

The other 2 DS in his school that passed hadn't found out by the time they got to school, so we don't know about them yet, but I'd assume due to the low IC pass rate that they will more than likely get their 1st choices too :)

I do know tho that out of the 5 of them, 4 wanted SHSB and 1 wanted WHSB...
Manana

Post by Manana »

14 children at DS's school passed and all 14 got their first choice; this was mostly WHSG and SHSB. Even those with 303 and 307 got the school they wanted.
Slogger

Post by Slogger »

Everyone I know in catchment (about a dozen lads through school, sports teams etc) got first choice. A lot of people I know favoured Westcliff whereas historically there's been more of a bias to Southend. I think that's had a smoothing effect with lads getting places at Southend with scores just over the pass mark which hasn't happened so much in recent years. The information given in October, that everyone who got the pass mark would get a place, seems to have worked out.