CI Lists - I am confused

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
strictlyfriends

CI Lists - I am confused

Post by strictlyfriends »

Ok, I think I have over read all the literature there is about the continuing interests lists and now I am totally confused. Why when you log on to your online application does it ask if you want to change your CI List? I didnt think you could do this until later on in March. Is this only if you want to add a school that currently has places left?
Do you ever get an offer of a school on your list before the dates mentioned ie, 15th March. I know you have until this date to accept your offer and then the schools know about extra places available etc. But what about the places that were not required in the first place. For example if you were lucky to be offered all of your four choices by the school you would only know about your first preference. What then happens to the 3 places that you werent officially offered but were offered by the schools? Can anyone shed some light on this for me? thanks
Daogroupie

Re: CI Lists - I am confused

Post by Daogroupie »

The other places that you would have been allocated have already been redistributed to other students who got less marks than you did. I had three students in the top twenty at DAO, one put HBS first and got that and one put QE first and got that. So their places were given to other students lower down the list before March 1st. By March 1st the rules are that you can only be offered one place. DG
strictlyfriends

Post by strictlyfriends »

If the unused places have already been allocated, where does all the movement come from? We are all advised to accept our offer while we wait in the CI list. If we are all sitting on our offers how does the movement happen. Am I being dense?
WP

Post by WP »

strictlyfriends wrote:If the unused places have already been allocated, where does all the movement come from? We are all advised to accept our offer while we wait in the CI list. If we are all sitting on our offers how does the movement happen.
From people who go private, or have moved and no longer require the allocated place.
veedebee

Post by veedebee »

strictlyfriends wrote:If the unused places have already been allocated, where does all the movement come from? We are all advised to accept our offer while we wait in the CI list. If we are all sitting on our offers how does the movement happen. Am I being dense?
This confuses me too, I understand the private schools will create some movement, but there must be some of us sat with other peoples first choices and vice versa and perhaps because of the distances involved or other criteria we are both stuck with second choice.
I'm very happy with our second choice, but my daughter desperately wanted our first choice, her second choice is the indie she also got into. The reality is that we could accept both offers and there will be no financial implication providing we let the independent school know by the start of the summer term if we no longer want that place. I'm sure there are other people also in that position - in fact I know there are.
tabasco

Post by tabasco »

strictlyfriends wrote:If the unused places have already been allocated, where does all the movement come from? We are all advised to accept our offer while we wait in the CI list. If we are all sitting on our offers how does the movement happen. Am I being dense?
What Daogroupie is trying to say are those unused places which have already been allocated before and not after 01/03/2013. Like WP said the movement is mostly from DCs chose to go to indies.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now