Skinners starters Sept 2013

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

OOCmum

Skinners starters Sept 2013

Post by OOCmum »

Hi all,

My son will be starting at Skinners, but is the only boy from his school going. I love the though of getting to know some other prospective families...and also would welcome any support or insider info from families with boys already there?

OOCmum ***
jellybeans

Re: Skinners starters Sept 2013

Post by jellybeans »

Hi OOCmum,

My DS will be going too and there will probably only be a couple going from his school. We're about 4 miles away.
I'm still getting over the shock that a place was offered! According to the Skinners' website the average test score was 418! If it wasn't for the extra forms being admitted to Judd and Skinners' I think it would have been a totally different picture. Judd has 119 boys on 423 so I'm more than grateful to both schools for accommodating the extra boys.
anotherworriedmum

Post by anotherworriedmum »

Hello

My DS is going too, we are a long way away, nearly in East Kent so he is the only boy from his school too. I am glad he has sneaked in, he would have got in last year but I am not sure if we would have done this year without the extra class.

He is getting very excited about new school uniform already!!
OOCmum

Post by OOCmum »

We're in East Sussex, but only 3.2 miles away... DS is very excited... I still can't quite believe it!!!
doodles

Post by doodles »

DS2 is on his way there too - we are 12 1/2 miles away in Sevenoaks.

DS1 is already there and was the only one from his school to go that year - please don't worry about your DS's not knowing anybody the school are brilliant at settling them all in. We couldn't be happier with the school - nothing to complain about in 3 years can't be bad can it :lol:

Any questions please do ask / pm me and I'll try to answer them.
OOCmum

Post by OOCmum »

doodles wrote:DS2 is on his way there too - we are 12 1/2 miles away in Sevenoaks.

DS1 is already there and was the only one from his school to go that year - please don't worry about your DS's not knowing anybody the school are brilliant at settling them all in. We couldn't be happier with the school - nothing to complain about in 3 years can't be bad can it :lol:

Any questions please do ask / pm me and I'll try to answer them.
Thanks so much, will do! X
2d12go

Post by 2d12go »

My son started at Skinners too tlast year, after attending a very small village primary school in East Sussex. I have nothing but praise for the way Skinners welcomed them in and have looked after him. Any questions please pm me.

Congratulations to you all
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

Hi, well done to all your boys!
During the summer when you find out what class your son is in you should get a contact list of all the others in that class. I arranged a big picnic in the summer holidays before my son started and it worked really well to break the ice with the boys and to get some contact with other parents.

Its a lovely school, my son is very happy there.
OOCmum

Post by OOCmum »

Thanks so much for your replies, it's really reassuring to here so much positivity about 'lone' starters!

OOCmum
bertalone

Post by bertalone »

We didn't get a contact list last year when the boys joined but they seemed to get to know each other really quickly. It helps that they stay with the same children for all their lessons.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now