Allocating letter

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Fishz

Allocating letter

Post by Fishz »

Do Gloucestershire County Council send out letters allocating secondary schools to all students due to start in September 2013? We haven't received one, but I have done everything online so far so I'm not worried as I have accepted online already (at 12.10 on the first :lol: ) I would quite like to see it all in black and white though and I suppose with the post it could come Monday. Just wondered if anyone else is still waiting for the letter.
stroudydad

Re: Allocating letter

Post by stroudydad »

The website Said that no letter would be posted...we are all in the same boat..
Amber

Post by Amber »

We didn't get one from the LA last year but STRS were very quick to send out a welcome letter within about 5 minutes (OK, maybe a day) of our accepting the place, which was reassuring. I think most schools do something similar.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

You won't get a letter if you were offered your first choice school. Apparently letters will be sent if you were not offered the first choice so you can ask to go on waiting list and be reconsidered.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Amber wrote:We didn't get one from the LA last year but STRS were very quick to send out a welcome letter within about 5 minutes (OK, maybe a day) of our accepting the place, which was reassuring. I think most schools do something similar.

The SHS one arrived Saturday morning!
Fishz

Post by Fishz »

stroudydad wrote:The website Said that no letter would be posted...we are all in the same boat..

Ah right, I didn't notice that. Thank you, I can stop waiting for it to arrive in the post.
NancyB

Post by NancyB »

Fishz wrote:Do Gloucestershire County Council send out letters allocating secondary schools to all students due to start in September 2013? We haven't received one, but I have done everything online so far so I'm not worried as I have accepted online already (at 12.10 on the first :lol: ) I would quite like to see it all in black and white though and I suppose with the post it could come Monday. Just wondered if anyone else is still waiting for the letter.
"<Ctrl> P" should turn the screen into black & white print :D
dr.watson

Post by dr.watson »

South Glos letters came through on 1st. I have since accepted and returned the acceptance via post.
Sabanna

Post by Sabanna »

I've just posted in appeals about this, we didn't receive first choice and haven't received a letter.

I have spoken to a very nice lady at Glos CC though and she was concerned that we hadn't received them and advised me to send an e-mail to them asking for reconsideration etc...
qip001

Post by qip001 »

We have done all online but today we have recieved a letter from council with admission details dated 7/03!
So I guess they are just late in posting them, we did not even expect one :-)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now