How many children can be on a waiting list

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sue

How many children can be on a waiting list

Post by sue »

I'm sure there was a thread about this, but I can't find it.....
My son came in at 300 on the overall list - with 240 grammer places thereabouts - boys and girls, prior to this. I have been told to appeal by the LEA, as I stand a good chance.
I realistically can't believe there would be much point, as this list number seems low. Has anyone any thoughts, or idea how long the waiting list can be to realistically stand a chance (I would make an appeal though)
michelle

Re: How many children can be on a waiting list

Post by michelle »

Please take the LEA's advise and appeal, my son came in 294 for 240 places and it went to a committee and school reports and they gave him a place still in the first round of offers, he needed to score 260 he scored 256.

So it really is worth trying for an appeal.

Regards

Michelle
Dizzycool

Waiting list

Post by Dizzycool »

Michelle - I am in the same situation and strongly believe that my daughter too stands a chance of getting into her 1st choice grammer. She is on a waiting list of which we are told there are approx 50. I have been told a letter will be sent to her school for an academic type report. Her overall position is 149 for 120 places. Your comments reassures me more. Thanks.

Re: Waiting list

Post by Guest »

Hey you are welcome, dont lose hope though cos my son just sat the 11+ on the off chance he would pass and cos he liked the grammar school, we didnt really think he would get in if I'm honest just goes to show that I Underestimated him.

Last year the grammar school took in 84 instead of the usual 75 and that was down to parents appealing.

I wish you lots of luck and sure it will be okay.

Regards

Michelle
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now