Waiting List - Watford Boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
keepcalm

Waiting List - Watford Boys

Post by keepcalm »

Please can anyone help me by giving me a idea of how many places on the waiting list actually get a place at Watford Boys. Thank you
daisyduke

Re: Waiting List - Watford Boys

Post by daisyduke »

Hi keepcalm - this is a tricky one. There are actually 5 different lists - distance, inner area academic and music, and then outer area academic and music.

I doubt the distance one would move at all, or maybe 1 or 2 spaces if that, given that there are only 20 places this year on distance. (If you live virtually on top of the school, why would you turn it down?)

So that leaves the music and academic lists, which will move, although how far is v hard to say. If people ahead of you decide not to stay on the CI list, you would move up, but it's only when someone actually gives up a place to go private or to move house that real spaces become available and the lucky DC in position 1 gets in.

If you post which list you're on, people might respond if they know specifically about that list, either from this year or previous years. Good luck!
keepcalm

Post by keepcalm »

Thanks Daisy Duke. My DS is on the inner catchment Academic waiting list place 18.
daisyduke

Post by daisyduke »

Ah - well I think there are only 29 inner academic places (48 academic places in total - 29 inner and 19 outer) - so 18 might be a stretch I'm afraid, but you never know. Sorry can't be more positive at this stage... maybe someone else will come along soon with other thoughts or examples?
lzwpm6

Post by lzwpm6 »

To give you some example, my son was 13th on the waiting list 2 years ago and didn't get in. The list can move up or down depending upon your choices to remain on CI lists. The LEA will write to people shortly asking if they wish to change their preferences for CI waiting lists and this is where children can move up or down the academic lists.
keepcalm

Post by keepcalm »

Thank you both for your replies. I will know more after the first CI run. Fingers crossed.