Nonsuch - 2013 Admissions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiffinboys

Nonsuch - 2013 Admissions

Post by tiffinboys »

Please post the results on this thread for Nonsuch High School for Girls
thisorthat

Re: Nonsuch - 2013 Admissions

Post by thisorthat »

Hi
My DD has got a place at Nonsuch...

Gutted with TGS scores...still cant understand their way of marking/scoring...Nevertheless Nonsuch it is for us and DD is quite happy...

Me - need to re-locate, find a primary for DD2 (she's in Y3 now) et all...Mentally getting everyone prepared !

But it has been a fantastic journey so far and a great learning experience all the way for the whole family...
belbee

Post by belbee »

Thank God, DD got into nonsuch. Was not at the opening day so not sure of the facilities of the school. Can anyone give me idea how does their labs, library, drammer room etc looks like :D
Want to have an idea
kikota

Post by kikota »

Belbee, does this mean that you have never seen the inside of the school that your daughter is going to spend at least the next five years at?
London_Mum

Post by London_Mum »

Wow. Supposing someone posts to say they have no labs at all, the girls do sewing each day and science isn't really encouraged as its not terribly feminine!

Not that they will of course - it is an excellent school for science but, if those things are really important to you, how can you not have found out about them before now when you are committed to going to the school no matter what sort of replies you get? I am sure you will be deeply relieved when you hear the facilities are excellent with labs and drama studios and even an observatory on the roof but it would be too late to worry about it now anyway.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

I would suggest, belbee, that you do go to the new parents meeting and also to the next open day if it is before new parents meeting. You will like the school, I am sure of that.

I have only heard good news about Nonsuch. Only other news we heard recently that the previous Head left suddenly and a new head would soon be joining. I am sure that school will keep on progressing as in the recent past.
belbee

Post by belbee »

Mothers, I know you are shocked and wondering why I have not checked the school. I was away during the open day. Called to make arrangements to see the inside but was told you can only come in during open days. I went round and saw bits and bobs during the exam time and have driven several times around the school so when it comes to the surrounding and the play fields I have no problem with it. Also I have friends who went to the open day and she said facilities were fantastic. I also knew I can rely on you mothers since you have been extreamly helpful and great. I will always check this site.

Thanks for all the information. This gives me rest assured that my DD will be in a better place and continue to thrive in her acadamics. I will phone the school to see if they will allow me to come for a peep. I pray that the new head master coming will be perfect for the school and continue or even uplift the standards of the school. That is ny prayer now. :D
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Lovely. and very touching. Hope your DD would thrive in Nonsuch.

For prospective parents, look at the school during year 4 as well so you don't miss out as state grammars are open for only one day usually - there may be an odd school open for more days, HBS for example.
belbee

Post by belbee »

Thanks Tiffinboys.
Your suggestion is very good and I hope prospect parents will take that advice since we dont know what tomorrow holds
jeannie

Post by jeannie »

Hi Belbee

Nonsuch have a new parent meeting in June/July for parents with daughters entering Year 7 in the September. The girls also have a whole day of settling in activities in the summer term. The PTFA also organise an event on a Saturday for new parents and girls to get to meet each other. So you should get to see some of the school then. Plus as others have said there will be the next open evening.

Hope that helps. My daughter is in Year 7 and having a lovely time. The current head of year 7 is absolutely lovely, the pastoral care has been excellent (contrary to what you may read elsewhere!) and the Science labs are great, reasonably new as the whole science dept. was redeveloped about 10 years ago. Music rooms also good.

All the best.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now