Out of Catchment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
GailJ

Out of Catchment

Post by GailJ »

Does anyone know the OOC score for AGSB? Got a few disappointed friends who had expected their DS's to get places but have been unlucky, even more disaapointment for Ambrose and yet all the girl's seem to have got first choice??
TIDDLYMUM

Re: Out of Catchment

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

I don't know but it went up a few last year from the year before.

Gail I saw you post yesterday when you said a lots of people has not been offered schools and had been offered schools miles away which were failing? How can this be, as I thought most had a local comp which was ok and why would it be one miles away? Were they for example non Catholic and wanted St Ambrose, maybe hadn't passed other grammar exams. I find it hard to believe there has been an explosion in the number of boys for this year? In the past the girls have generally missed out relative to boys?

Hmmmm.
DidsburyMum

Post by DidsburyMum »

This very interesting as everyone at my DD's school (out of area) who attained the pass mark for Loreto has secured a place this year - about 10 girls, which is unheard of. In previous years there have been on average 4-5 going to Loreto from her school and always some rejections.

My understanding for Ambrose is that the numbers sitting this year's exam were higher - probably due to the new facilities, which are excellent (my DS is there).
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

All Catholic girls have been allocated Loreto this year. I too have heard instances in previous years where ooc have not been allocated.
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

Gosh what a bizarre year this is turning out to be. For future parents I think the moral of the story is you just never know what may happen year on year.

I have always said I shall never understand this 11+ thing, and I still dont :roll: All the best to those making all the necessary efforts to secure places in future rounds.
GailJ

Post by GailJ »

TIDDLYMUM wrote:I don't know but it went up a few last year from the year before.

Gail I saw you post yesterday when you said a lots of people has not been offered schools and had been offered schools miles away which were failing? How can this be, as I thought most had a local comp which was ok and why would it be one miles away? Were they for example non Catholic and wanted St Ambrose, maybe hadn't passed other grammar exams. I find it hard to believe there has been an explosion in the number of boys for this year? In the past the girls have generally missed out relative to boys?

Hmmmm.
I think you are right Tiddlymum, because they passed St Ambrose, they put it down as their only choice and hadn't put a 2nd choice so Trafford has allocated a high school which is miles away. From the sound of it, all the Catholic's that passed and put Ambrose/ Loreto down as first choice got in, it was just the non-Catholics that didn't. Also all the one's that passed Sale seemed to get it too.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Never a good move to only put one down. I have heard some horror stories from people who have done this.
topsyturvy

Post by topsyturvy »

I think LEA gives 6 option spaces...one should fill atleast 3 as giving only single choice does have any added advantage.

Sorry to hear such stories.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now