Movement on waiting lists?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

rubyfour

Movement on waiting lists?

Post by rubyfour »

Hi,
Firstly I would like to congratulate everyone who has received the schools that they wanted. Well done! Children and parents.
My sincere commiserations to those who didn't get a place! I'm sure the children will thrive where ever they go.

My dd has been placed on the waiting list. She is close to the top of it, but I'm not sure if she will be close enough. I have been told that she is 12th on the waiting list at KE hands worth girls.

She ranked 296 in the QM exam. After ringing admissions I found out that 297 was the last person to be offered and that unfortunately my daughter was moved up to 299,as a couple of children scored better than her in the sick test.

I am feeling very anxious and upset as I don't know where I stand. I have been told the number on the waiting list can also go up or down. I can't even give my daughter a definite answer when all of her friends know what they will be doing. I have also got a young child with afew medical conditions therefore my attention is always side tracked. My dd is very talented and only had tutoring during the summer holidays as i was not sure of which school to send her to. It would be great if she could get a place as I am sure she would flourish in that environment. Our local comps aren't the best sadly.

I have been told to wait until the end of the month. I know it will be a looong month!
Sorry for the long post. I was just wondering where I stand and if anyone can shed any light on it.........
MSD

Re: Movement on waiting lists?

Post by MSD »

RubyFour,

I would ring up QM to ask what the PAN is for this year and how many over offers they have made above the PAN. I would also check if historically they have offered places to candidates ranked below the last offer due to large number of refusals. Some schools don't over offer above PAN and in that case you have an excellent chance of achieving the place.

I hope this helps.

MSD
rubyfour

Post by rubyfour »

Thanks for your reply. I did ask the lady at admissions about PAN. She was unsure of what I was asking and said we only give places fo the 116 places we have. She said previously there has been very small movement on waiting lists :shock:

Do you think it's worth appealing?
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

rubyfour wrote: My dd has been placed on the waiting list. She is close to the top of it, but I'm not sure if she will be close enough. I have been told that she is 12th on the waiting list at KE hands worth girls.

It would be great if she could get a place as I am sure she would flourish in that environment. Our local comps aren't the best sadly.

I have been told to wait until the end of the month. I know it will be a looong month!
Sorry for the long post. I was just wondering where I stand and if anyone can shed any light on it.........
Rubyfour, did you not put down Sutton Grammar School on your form? If she's 12th on the waiting list for KEVIHS, she would have qualified for SGS. Is that not an option?
rubyfour

Post by rubyfour »

Sorry I forgot to mention she is 2nd on the waiting list at sutton. Other girls with the same score have been given a place but because of the distance we live she has been placed on the waiting list. I pray that we get at least one of them :?
saracenshen

Post by saracenshen »

i know of a place becoming free at both SGS and QM so I would think you will get an offer by the end of the month.
rubyfour

Post by rubyfour »

Thanks! Lets hope there is a little more movement. My heart really goes out to the parents and children in our predicament. :|
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

Thinking of you - we are on the waiting list for alcester grammar in warwickshire and it is really stressing me! I just want to know.
kusa

Post by kusa »

Any idea how much the waiting list moves in Five Ways based on the previous year's experience? Would appreciate valuable feedback of the Seniors.
peter5

Post by peter5 »

I think there is a very high chance she will get QM or Sutton and a slightly fair chance at Handsworth if they had over offered .You could ask Sutton about over offers .
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now