Moving from Scotland

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
rnv86

Moving from Scotland

Post by rnv86 »

Hello there,

We are considering moving either in to Bromley/Bexley/Sutton/Surrey Aug - Sep next year.I have a DD who is currently primary 4, and will turn 9 in June 2013.I am trying to find out schools that would allow my daughter to sit the Eleven plus exams before we move.In essence,can my DD sit the exams in Aug 2014 without being a pupil of any of the schools in the above listed borough /county?

After browsing thru few websites, I sort of guess that Bond Practise Papers are good to start with in terms of preparation for the exams.which are the other materials / practise papers i need to buy? Where can i buy these materials from?

Please Help !!!!!

Confused and aboslutely worried !!!
Bluebug

Re: Moving from Scotland

Post by Bluebug »

At present Bexley imposes no restriction in terms of who can sit the 11+ exams. However, unless your Dc is one of the top 180, who automatically qualify for a place, irrespective of where you live, it will come down to passing the exam and then distance, so if you're looking at the Bexley grammars, you'd do best to move.

The Bond materials are excellent. However, be aware that Bexley have now changed their exams format to CEM, so it would be worthwhile finding out what materials are relevant.
GlasgowDad

Re: Moving from Scotland

Post by GlasgowDad »

rnv86,

We did same, moved from Glasgow to Kent. IIRC all counties/schools allows you to sit the exams from Scotland but you need to look at the admissions criteria as well, thats when score and catchment area applies. Hope it helps and good luck.

Rgds.