Bushey Academy...another year on

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Nearly over

Bushey Academy...another year on

Post by Nearly over »

I would be grateful to those with DCs currently attending Bushey Academy, if they could share their experience of the school with me (by pm if preferred), particularly those who joined last year and may have been disappointed with the allocation. Has the school exceeded your expectations?
toostressed

Re: Bushey Academy...another year on

Post by toostressed »

I too would appreciate some first hand experience regarding Bushey Academy. I see a while a go there was a group on here called 'got BA and didn't want it' - are the group still around.
hamscd

Post by hamscd »

Hi do not have experience of BA but check school website and ofsted. Per Ofsted it is satisfactory. If you don't mind travelling there are better schools in harrow with vacancies like Avanti House.
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

friend of mine with 1 in year 8 at queens and 1 in year 7 at BA is moving her year 8 daughter from queens to ba as thinks it better
Nearly over

Post by Nearly over »

Mgnmum wrote:friend of mine with 1 in year 8 at queens and 1 in year 7 at BA is moving her year 8 daughter from queens to ba as thinks it better
That's very interesting. Would you be able to elaborate please, by pm if necessary? Are her children academic? Mine is slightly below average, despite our best efforts!
Tamilla

Post by Tamilla »

My daughter is in Yr 8 at BA and loves it. She is an academic child and I was concerned this would not be encouraged and she would not thrive there. I couldnt have been more wrong. The emphasis is on being proud to belong. The head is very proactive and approachable for the kids and they like and respect him! My daughter is top sets and I am impressed with the lesson content sometimes even surprised which I'm pleased about for example an end of term English lesson spent learning about the bell and butterfly (written by French vogue editor who suffered locked in syndrome) sims because the teacher thought it would interest the children.

Extra curricular activities are many and varied, children are encouraged to find something they enjoy or excel at.

My daughter always wanted to go to BA even when I appealed to WGGS as she felt BA always acted as though they wanted her there and that felt important to her (they were very low on intake that year) and I am
Proud that she saw the potential in the school.

All children are encouraged to achieve as best they can and if a child is not academic a number of vocational courses alongside GCSEs are offered. The main focus being when the child leaves school they are equipped emotionally and qualifications wise for the outside world .