Parmiters Continuing Interest List

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

northernlass

Parmiters Continuing Interest List

Post by northernlass »

Hi all, I'm hoping to get my daughter into Parmiters. I've been told by the Admissions Team that she is currently no. 10 on the CI List before the first re-run. I've no idea how many people get in off the CI list so wondered if anyone might have experience and know whether that position gives us any chance at all? Thanks!
strictlyfriends

Re: Parmiters Continuing Interest List

Post by strictlyfriends »

Hopefully their waiting list procedure has changed at Parmiters as a few years ago they held 4 children in each position. A friend of mine was at number 4 which meant she was actually at number 16. It might be worth you checking
northernlass

Post by northernlass »

strictlyfriends wrote:Hopefully their waiting list procedure has changed at Parmiters as a few years ago they held 4 children in each position. A friend of mine was at number 4 which meant she was actually at number 16. It might be worth you checking

I have been told that there are 9 people above my daughter in the list so it looks as though its one person in each position on the list. Fingers crossed!
strictlyfriends

Post by strictlyfriends »

Wish you all the best. My friends DC was 4th on the list so he had 15 in front of him. He did gain a place but not until he had bought his uniform for his second choice school, I think it was in June. Fingers crossed for you
northernlass

Post by northernlass »

strictlyfriends wrote:Wish you all the best. My friends DC was 4th on the list so he had 15 in front of him. He did gain a place but not until he had bought his uniform for his second choice school, I think it was in June. Fingers crossed for you
Thank you. I suspect that it's going to be a long and difficult wait in that case!
magic-mum

Post by magic-mum »

I know of 1 place that as been turned down - should move you up the list - good luck :D
northernlass

Post by northernlass »

Thank you Magic-Mum,
I also know of one place being turned down as a friend has decided to go independent instead. I just need a few more to do the same now :wink:
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

i think there are a number of us at various schools hoping and fingers crossing for people to choose the independent route if they can. For once i am hoping the banks etc give large bonuses to try and persuade people they can afford it :D
northernlass

Post by northernlass »

Hi all, I've just spoken to Parmiters to find out that my daughter has moved from 10th on the CI list to third. Although its not great news for us, it does mean that up to 7 lucky families have potentially been offered a place in the first re-run. Well done to those that have been successful!
Fingers still crossed for us :?