PLEASE HELP - confused over waiting lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Alexandra

PLEASE HELP - confused over waiting lists

Post by Alexandra »

Applied to WHSB and SHSB place not offered. I am out of catchment and been offered a local comp. Son got Standardised score of 320. Any chance of an offer on waiting list? Totally confused - do I have to request his name to be added to waiting list as I'm out of catchment? Who do I phone to find out his position on waiting list? Tried to find number for southend LEA admissions wAiting list but can't find it. Does someone pleeaaaase have a number I can ring in southend? What position number on waiting list are they likely to get in on?
ahap

Re: PLEASE HELP - confused over waiting lists

Post by ahap »

Southend LEA - 01702 215007 Ext:5914
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

Thank you so much for that. Do you think he would stand a chance of getting in on waiting list?
ahap

Post by ahap »

Sorry, I really have no idea about it, but I can tell you from last years figures that about 13 places were released at SHSB and more than 24 places were released at WHSB. This does vary from year to year.

First find out the position in the waiting list for the school you have put higher up the list on Monday which you will automatically be in. You can also phone them whenever and find out your position from time to time.

When/If you are offered the school that you have been in the waiting list for, they will write to you and you have to let them know whether you accept the place or not by 2 weeks.

Give them your telephone number as well to contact you if you have not been offered by May, because after that to speed up the process they give you 24 hrs for you to decide. If you don't contact them by then, it will automatically go to the next person.

Positions moved till end of July last year as far as I know. However waiting list will be kept till December.

If you accept it, wait for the confirmation. After confirmation you can reject the school that you have been offered now.

Good luck.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
moved

Post by moved »

September, after the start of school, is not an uncommon time to be offered. Some children just don't turn up.

Keep us posted, there will be a lot of support on here for you during the process. Essex is a lovely bit of the forum. :D
CardyMow

Post by CardyMow »

September?! Why can't people do the right thing and make a simple telephone call to say that they won't be taking up their place? As the local comp is one that's sought after by parents in our town, if DS gets offered a place at CRGS from the waiting list, as soon as I had accepted the offer I would be declining the local comp, so that someone on the waiting list THERE can get a place.

Seems really rude to me to just not say anything!
fozza

Post by fozza »

scored 325.something, 8 i think, out of catchment,23rd on waiting list for shsb
ocobrown

Post by ocobrown »

DS had a score of 328.5 and when we phoned on Monday we were told he was 2nd on the SHSB waiting list. Bit worried with some of the other scores and places posted that this might be extending. Can people add themselves to the waiting list at any time or is fixed from 1st March?
PIJ

Post by PIJ »

Hi all lovely helpfull ladies,
I am here..... still in a shock...can't stop crying. My DD is such a clever girl. Scored very good scores at all the mocks and ended up scoring 320 at the exam (o/c). Seems I have no g grounds to appeal.20th in the W/L for Southend. Any good for my poor little girl??... :( :(
jojo1

Post by jojo1 »

My ds has been offered his 2nd choice WHSB and we are 13th on the waiting list for Kegs. Does anyone know how much the waiting list moved last year?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now