Waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
debs2028

Waiting list

Post by debs2028 »

Hi my friends dd got a place at west Kirkby but really wanted wirral grammar( first choice)she wants to go on the waiting list. The school say it is wirral education that hold the list. Wirral say it is cheshire as that is local authority. ( Out of catchment)Cheshire are insisting it is wirral
Has anyone done it and know?...It must be one of them !!!
Thanks
Bati

Re: Waiting list

Post by Bati »

It could be that she applys through cheshire as she lives under their authority and cheshire then contact the wirral, just like the original school application.
She should be able to find out how far the distance went on allocation day, and where she would be on the waiting list. This will give her an idea of her chances of gaining a place
The other alternative is appeal
jktluka

Wirral boys

Post by jktluka »

Sorry for butting in, with no actual response to the original question. I've been following the forum for a couple of weeks, as my son is due to take 11 + september2013. We live 6 miles or so from WGBS and I was wondering if either of you know what the distance was this year? I am brand new to everything 11+ but understand last year was first for new rules regarding timings, and wondered if and how this effected the intake?
Congratulations to your children by the way
Bati

Post by Bati »

No idea on what distance it has gone to this year but last year the girls went to 7.93 miles and the boys went to 8.52 miles, hope this helps
jktluka

Post by jktluka »

Thanks Bati. That makes me feel better about putting him through all this. Is it always like this ? (The worry, the guilt etc)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now