Keeping siblings together/one at indie one at gs

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
HappyRobot

Keeping siblings together/one at indie one at gs

Post by HappyRobot »

Do any do have kids at different schools to each other?. How do the kids cope if one is at indie/one at GS? Is there any resentment against the one who is at a paid for school from the GS child?
ivory

Re: Keeping siblings together/one at indie one at gs

Post by ivory »

Good question and one which has been bothering me. My ds is at grammar school but I may consider an Independant for my dd.
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

If they are both at good schools which fit their requirements and they had some Input to the decision as to where to send them, where is the problem?
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

No issues here, but son didn't like KES and didn't pass for it anyway so he would really struggle to put up much of an argument :lol: .

Mike
KenR

Post by KenR »

No issues at all, my DD went to KEHS and DS is at KEFW.

In the case of my DS it was his decision; we had an offer from KES with a small scholarship and also KEFW. He wanted KEFW.

In the case of my DD (many years ago), she had offers from KEHS and KECHG but most of her friends were going to KEHS so that was hers (and our) preference).

What we did in the case of my DS is to agree to any overseas school trips at KEFW - he did a world challange to Morocco and the Sahara some years ago and went on a 2 week Exchange visit to Hong Kong and China last Oct - small price to pay for saving £63K in school fees over 7 years!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now