11 plus fail

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Maria

11 plus fail

Post by Maria »

Hi my son has failed his 11 plus but i do not understand the method of scoring .He was 11 in december and his scores were 116,102 and 96...what does this mean and what sort of percentage is that out of 100,many thanks,maria

Post by Guest »

I'm sorry, I cannot answer your question, I just want to say that I hope your son is not too disappointed. I'm sure that he is still a star!
KenR

Info for Maria

Post by KenR »

Maria,

You would need to advise what LEA you are in and what exam he took?

Those are Age Standardised Scores (with 100 being the 50%percentile score), however the standardisation varies from exam to exam.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hi Maria,

Here's a link to this website help on score calulation:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/standa ... scores.php

Best wishes to you and your son,

Catherine

Scores

Post by Guest »

Can anyone tell me where I can get my sons 11+ scores from we come under Solihull LEA.They have told me i need to write to the king edwards admissions office in birmingham
KenR

KE Foundation Information

Post by KenR »

Hi Guest,

You need to phone the KE Foundation Office 0121 472 1147 or write to Foundation Office, Edgbaston Park Road, Birmingham B15 2UD

If you phone, you may get a recorded message asking for you to leave details.

Ken

Post by Guest »

You can contact the Foundation office in Edgbaston Park Road. They may give you the scores, but they are not very forthcoming. You could ask for an indication as to whether he was close to the mark or not.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the phone number KenR. I have rung them but I need to put it in writing and they will reply within a week.
KenR

KE Foundation Office

Post by KenR »

I forgot to add that I understand they will accept email requests, the email address is office@ske.uk.net

Ken
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now