What happens next??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bloomers151

What happens next??

Post by Bloomers151 »

Hi all,

This question came up on the Birmingham forum and I've been wondering myself, so I thought I'd pick the Warwickshire brains. Does anyone know what happens now?

My DS has a place at KES and all has been silent since Allocation Day. I'm trying to be patient but I'm not very good at that :) - the KES website calender says nothing and I've resorted to getting clues of induction dates etc from Stratford Girls' website!

I'm presuming we now hear from the school rather than the LEA and that they may be waiting for the majority of places to be allocated/accepted before they post anything out.

Any info much appreciated.
serendippyty

Re: What happens next??

Post by serendippyty »

When my son got a place, we heard a few weeks later with induction dates etc direct from the school. I imagine you will hear in the next couple of weeks x
saram

Post by saram »

Hi- I thought that we'd hear fairly quickly from the GS my sons are at, but it was weeks! - had I not accepted by sending everything registered post, I would have assumed it had all gone missing - I think I rang admissions to check they'd got it.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

They will probably be waiting until after the deadline for accepting places - which is today.
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

saram wrote:Hi- I thought that we'd hear fairly quickly from the GS my sons are at, but it was weeks! - had I not accepted by sending everything registered post, I would have assumed it had all gone missing - I think I rang admissions to check they'd got it.
It's so much easier now with email isn't it - I've checked my login a couple of times just to make sure it still says 'Accepted' :lol:

Thanks serendippyty, that should keep my patience under control for a little while longer! Sorry the waiting list didn't turn out for you, I hope it all works out ok, I'm sure it will.
agent610

Post by agent610 »

After accepting the place offered to my son last year, we didn't hear from the school until May.

Long time lurker btw. Only registered a couple of weeks ago.
agent610

Post by agent610 »

I was told last year that the school waits for the completion of the appeals process before they get in touch with parents. This makes sense as the school doesn't know the complete member of their roster until the appeals process is complete.
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

Thanks everyone,

I won't haunt the letterbox any longer :D
ChilledDad

Post by ChilledDad »

I spoke to KES to find out term dates for next year as they weren't on its website - they are now. They told me we would receive a letter from the school at the end of April.

This seems to fit with others experience.
ginx

Post by ginx »

I haven't heard anything. I accepted dd2's place at the gs on line - then panicked and sent the reply by post as well - but have heard nothing. :(