AGGS how far out have first allocations gone in 2013?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

CarpeDiem

AGGS how far out have first allocations gone in 2013?

Post by CarpeDiem »

Just curious as have no children involved but wondered how far out distance wise AGGS has offered on first allocations this year.
splane

Re: AGGS how far out have first allocations gone in 2013?

Post by splane »

I know of one girl who has been offered a place and she is in Knutsford, out of catchment.
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

Think as the crow flies Knutsford would still be in the 8 mile catchment if I'm right?

Seems so long ago now when I knew all the AGGS facts, so am a bit out of touch but is the catchment for there 8 miles? Can't remember.
CarpeDiem

Post by CarpeDiem »

Knutsford is in catchment and always has been its about 6 miles as the crow flies to the centre of the town.
wigwam12

Post by wigwam12 »

About 7 miles.
We lived 7.5 miles and missed out by 14 places.
nickiveg

Post by nickiveg »

My friend is warrington south and hasn't been offered waiting till April for second round offers and then appealing I think ? We never bothered have gone loreto instead as even out of area got first time offer we are also warrington south but dd said she didn't like Aggs that much lol,and so not bothering with hassle/stress of trying to get in :shock: loved Loreto on visit so that's her choice x :D she will be one of 2 going from her school though so big changes half an hour on bus when could walk to local very good comp , are we making the right decision ? Time will tell
Paprika

Post by Paprika »

I'm in exactly same boat as you nickiveg, I wanted dd to go to AGGS but she loved the open day at Loreto and said it felt right for her so she chose there and I acquiesced despite suspecting dd's opinion may have been partially formed by having friends accompany her on Loreto open day but not the other schools. Like you say it saves the stress of hoping your front door is 6 inches nearer the school than some other poor soul so I let dd have the final say against my better judgement really. They're all good schools but AGGS stood out from the crowd for me.

All things being equal, in 5 years time I'm sure we'll all be very happy with whichever school they go to.