New Format to the Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
reddebs

New Format to the Test

Post by reddebs »

I know Kent CC have consulted schools on changing the format of the 11+ tests but does anyone know when details of any changes will be announced?
red_debs
mystery

Re: New Format to the Test

Post by mystery »

The new contract has to be signed up to by 31 July latest.
West Kent Mum

Post by West Kent Mum »

.... to be implemented 2014??
erialc1972

Post by erialc1972 »

Just came across this today, looks like no change until 2015?

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentonline/ ... _plus.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mystery

Post by mystery »

Clear as mud. Why don't they talk about improving kent schools to level the playing field?
mystery

Post by mystery »

The contract for the 2014 exams has to be signed by July 31 this year at the latest.

If this article is correct it would suggest that they have renewed GL Assessment for the 2014 sitting with no changes to the format, and that they are considering signing up to something different for the September 2015 sitting. Things have slipped by a year it would seem without any acknowledgement that this is the case in this press article at any rate.

Only a FOI request will get this straight.

I hope it hasn't changed for September 2014 - it all seems too soon for whoever the provider is to "get it right" unless they are going to copycat another authority that has something tried and tested that is better than the status quo.

Why is public information in Kent always so hard to get and why are educational decisions such a mess-up? Weird.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

mystery wrote: Only a FOI request will get this straight.
A little job for you, Mystery. Make sure you report back all the details. :D

If they are eventually going to use a sats based assessment, I wonder what level you need to be?
erialc1972

Post by erialc1972 »

As it mentions 'two tests' would that suggest CEM, as is rumoured? I feel sorry for poor old Bexley, having the new test sprung on them.
mystery

Post by mystery »

It could be. Or maybe they are going to tender for two tests. Gl assessment could do something different. There must be more than two test providers in the English speaking world. Whoever wishes to come forward and tender can do so.
mystery

Post by mystery »

I don't think they are going to do sats based tests. That's just the ambiguous quote. Levels are probably being abolished anyhow.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now