Exam results

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

Exam results

Post by guest »

Am I being stupid here. I understood that you would get a letter accordingly as to whether your child has been allocated a place or not after completing their 11+ exam. The date we were given was March 2nd. Are letters only sent out to those actually allocated places?
Onto my second child

No letters?

Post by Onto my second child »

It varies from LEA to LEA, and bear in mind that some LEA had IT issues that meant that there would be delays.

The format in the London area is that you can list up to 5 schools in order of preference.

Your child then attends all schools for examinations.

Your LEA then canvasses the first choice school to see if your child merits a place, if not the second, if not the third .... as soon as one offers then you are automatically not shown to any more below that one. If you have no offers the first choice school may put you on their waiting list.

On 1st March (Allocation Day) you should have received or been sent any firm offers and typically you will be given 14 days to accept or decline.

If you have received no offers I am not sure what the proceedure is. In any event you would also simultaneously get a letter from the school, even if informing you that you have been placed in a waiting list.

Not sure if I have answered your question

exam results

Post by guest »

Yes thank you. I have contacted the LEA in question, (Warwickshire) Have been told that they only send out letters to those who have been offered a place at the local grammar school. My son missed automatic qualification by 3 points. A very bitter pill to swallow at the moment.

At least the local high school is a well liked and popular school, and quite small, and is a foundation school.

Good luck to all, treat your children to something good this weekend. They deserve it.
Onto my second child

Don't give up, yet!

Post by Onto my second child »

Your son seems to have been a close finisher, you have two avenues - one is passive: hope that some others ahead of him opts out of that school and vacates a spot for him, or an active avenue: appeal!

Ditto with regard to treating the child! Success or failure the child has put in their utmost and deserves recognition.

11+ results for King edwards grammar Chelmsford

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know what the cutover point is for King Edwards Grammar in Chelmsford (KEGS).
I am interested as my son is on the waiting list.
I would also like to know what number they currently have reached on the waiting list .

Can anyone help please?

KEGS

Post by Guest »

If you phone the Essex admissions authority in Chelmsford they will be able tell you what the most recent offered place was.
I don't believe more than 5 or so usually drop out from KEGS though (or at least that's what we've been told.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now