Coventry to Stratford girls grammar school by private transp

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
joel1975

Coventry to Stratford girls grammar school by private transp

Post by joel1975 »

Hello All,

I would like to know that what is the best way of transport from Coventry or Finham or near by Coventry to Stratford girls grammar school?

I already checked with Warwick council that the Coventry route school bus has no vacant seats, also they will give only last priority to the people who lives other than Warwick council if there is any vacant places available.

Is anyone plan to send your children from Coventry area or near by Coventry to Stratford girls grammar school by private transport/coaches?.

Please give your ideas.

Regards,
JJ
Warks mum

Re: Coventry to Stratford girls grammar school by private tr

Post by Warks mum »

There is a private bus that goes from Balsall Common through Kenilworth to the Stratford schools:

http://www.johnsonscoaches.co.uk/PDFs/S ... ervice.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It started this school year and its route matches the Warwickshire County Council's 525 service from the clock in Kenilworth - if you could get DD there by 8am.
joel1975

Post by joel1975 »

Getting a place is very difficult to the people who lives in other councils.
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

The Johnsons service is completely independent and was set up by a parents so it shouldn't matter where you live!

The other service (the Ridleys-operated 525) is run by Warwickshire County Council so is more restricted.
hoorayjane

Post by hoorayjane »

Hi,this is the first time I have posted,so please be gentle with me. :wink: I have a D/D who has a place at SGSG shottery,starting in September.My problem is getting her there from Balsall common or Kenilworth,as both buses that run are full! I live in Coventry(having moved last year after 21 years in Warwickshire) and therefore am in category 3 for a seat on the council run 525 from Kenilworth(which is full anyway)The privately run sks bus,which runs through Balsall common is full too.Is there anybody who would be willing to car share?
If anybody has any ideas,please post,as I am panicking at the prospect of a 54 mile round trip :(
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

Although clearly you'll need to sort something out for the beginning of term please don't give up on the Johnsons and 525 services. It's worth filling in the forms anyway.

DD is now in Year 11 at Shottery and travels from Kenilworth. Every year so far there's been a trauma because some youngsters don't get a place on the bus but - as far as I know - things have always sorted themselves out over the first few weeks and everyone has got a place.

Of course this might not be the case in September with the extra intake, but it's worth keeping in touch with both transport providers so they know you're still interested.

The Vacant Seats form comes out in early June so keep an eye on the website and fill it in as soon as possible - seats are on a first-come-first-served basis for new travellers!

http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/vacantseatscheme" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There also used to be a standard bus service from Kenilworth to Stratford (I think it was the X17) that fitted with school hours. It wound its way round Leamington and Warwick so took a while. Unfortunately I can't track down the timetable on the Stagecoach website so it might not be a current service.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

hoorayjane

Post by hoorayjane »

Thanks for your help everyone.I have checked the x17 timetable but the time involved makes it an unrealistic option.I will continue to watch the sks and 525...thanks for the great advice. :D
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

It's a bit late now for those with places this year, but for the benefit of anyone in Coventry referring to this thread in the future before they've applied then travel to Rugby is probably a lot easier, and potentially quicker, than to Stratford. There is a 585 bus which goes from Coventry but takes an hour and 20 minutes, but there's also the option of doing it by train which is only 10 minutes on the train from Coventry then a 5 minute walk to the bus stop, and 10 minutes on the number 10 bus. The train + local bus option is probably quicker than straight through by bus.
Spokenhands

Post by Spokenhands »

We have heard that the private Johnsons service is now full, and the Warks County Council service is also likely to be full [we have put down names for both but unlikely to be resolved]. The X-17 is not really an option for us at this time.

Based in kenilworth, I was wondering if there would be other parents interested in car-share/car-pooling arrangements from Kenilworth or nearby to SGSG. If so, please DM me and I will try and arrange something with us all.

Thanks and have a good summer.

AR
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now