st.Clement Danes school

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
guest111

st.Clement Danes school

Post by guest111 »

Hi,

Does anyone know acadamic ability test dates for this school?

Thanks,
Watford87

Tests

Post by Watford87 »

Should be the same as WGSB and WGSG which is 24th November. The partially selective schools all run the same test on the same day.
guest111

Post by guest111 »

Hi Watford87,

Thank you. But the information on WGSB, Parmiter sites and moving on booklet do not include this school for the same test.

So, I thought there must be another test for this school. Are you sure that this test is common?
watmum

clement danes

Post by watmum »

I did not think that there was an ability test to get in to Clement Danes?
WP

Post by WP »

guest111 wrote:But the information on WGSB, Parmiter sites and moving on booklet do not include this school for the same test.

So, I thought there must be another test for this school. Are you sure that this test is common?
The admission criteria for Parmiter's say they are, but not those for the Grammars and Bushey Meads (who take the same tests, though BM use them for banding). I can't find the letters they sent out last year, but I think I recall that Clement Danes isn't in the test consortium. They are in the music test consortium, though.
watmum

clement danes

Post by watmum »

Silly me, just checked their web page, and they do indeed have an academic test, that must have come in to force fairly recently? I don't recall that happening in the past?
Watford87

Re: clement danes

Post by Watford87 »

watmum wrote:Silly me, just checked their web page, and they do indeed have an academic test, that must have come in to force fairly recently? I don't recall that happening in the past?
The WGSG website has a link to their admissions which confirms:

"Applicants under criterion 7 will be required to take a verbal reasoning test and mathematics test, which will be used to assess their academic abilities. No minimum score will be required to gain admission, places being offered strictly in descending order of applicant’s standardised test scores. Preparation for the tests is unnecessary. The tests will be administered by the school jointly with, Bushey Meads School, Parmiter’s School, Queens’ School, Rickmansworth School, Watford Grammar School for Boys and St Clement Danes School. Applicants to more than one school under criteria requiring a proven measure of academic ability will be assessed by these jointly administered tests."

So Clement Danes should be doing the same test. Best check directly with the school.
WP

Re: clement danes

Post by WP »

Watford87 wrote:The WGSG website has a link to their admissions which confirms:
Curious. The version in the Moving On book omits Clement Danes. Indeed best to check with the school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now