Invicta announced as partner for Sevenoaks Grammar Annexe

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

daddylonglegs

Invicta announced as partner for Sevenoaks Grammar Annexe

Post by daddylonglegs »

According to Invicta's website, they are in partnership with KCC to establish an Annexe of Invicta Grammar School in Sevenoaks. Not sure if this link will work.....if not can see the article on Latest News on Invicta's website.

http://www.invicta.kent.sch.uk/44/lates ... -sevenoaks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mystery

Re: Invicta for Sevenoaks

Post by mystery »

Interesting. Can a single sex grammar have a coed annex?
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

Who says there are going alone?
mystery

Post by mystery »

No-one, but I'm wondering if they could. I'm just wondering if the notion that a single sex grammar can't have a co-ed annex is absolutely correct.
Aline

Post by Aline »

Another website looks at a lot of implications of this decision
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

There are plenty of single gender grammars which have co-ed 6th forms. Is that so different to having a co-ed annexe?
mystery

Post by mystery »

I'm not sure - it was maybe to do with the age of compulsory education. I'm sure thigh that schools are much freer than they were- particularly academies. But it does question the definition of annex - surely the annex would need to be just like a chunk of the main school, so gender bending would be inappropriate.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Ok, the other site and the grammar website both make it look like they are going alone.

Maybe now they have this positive new the last two less than pleasant articles on the grammar website could be removed as they detract from the campaign.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Wow, what a surprise.

The Sevenoaks Gs website suggests on their new page that they are going alone also. How can that be when the initial policy was that the new school will be the same as the parent school. Therefore, will it be a girls school, or will the parent school in Maidstone be admitting boys from September 2015? And where this leave the poor old Trinity school? I feel a little sorry for them. They've been organised and got everything rolling, and now their plans may be scuppers through no fault of their own.

Ironically, Invicta is Latin for Victorious, or Undefeated.
mystery

Post by mystery »

They have received some money for some sport facility. Wonder if the other grammars were offered this - why would others turn down the offer?

Sounds like invicta is somehow connected with a chain of academies which may go profit making. Kcc has award winning legal services which make a profit with external public sector clients. Kcc seems to be on the money here.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now