Has anyone heard from any west herts school re CI list

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mgnmum

Has anyone heard from any west herts school re CI list

Post by Mgnmum »

Before I pester the school ( WGSG) has anyone heard from any of the west herts schools at all re movement on ci lists? I would have thought we might have heard something by now as to where we were on the list, especially with the appeal application deadline only a week away. I know that for some schools unless you have specifically asked for the information initial places on WL before the first run of CI were not even given out so some people are completely in the dark.
strictlyfriends

Re: Has anyone heard from any west herts school re CI list

Post by strictlyfriends »

I telephoned Bushey Meads today and they say they haven't heard from County yet! I have moved on the list (12 spaces) but that is because 12 in front of me hadn't returned their CIL forms to the school. They also said movement in the 1st round is always very slow ie, they feel I may go up 3 spaces and that the main movement occurs in the second round.
handbag50

Post by handbag50 »

I have heard nothing personally, but someone at my friends school has been offered at WGSG with a
score of 241.

Does it now mean if we have not heard we have not been successful in this round??
or are they still "running" it?
Nearly over

Post by Nearly over »

I have just phoned county and the lady I spoke to she had been told that the emails would go out from 11am today. I also asked if it was possible that some emails could be received over the weekend but she wasn't sure.

If you are unsuccessful in CI you will not receive an email, although you can check your position on the waiting list from Monday next week by logging on with your parent ID.

Just want the waiting to end!
magic-mum

Post by magic-mum »

The CI lists must be moving albeit it inefficiently ! I got an email today at 11am from admissions offering my daughter a place at STAGS. I was very surprised as I declined our first offer of a non ranked school on the 3rd march online selecting the reason that she was going to an independent school & informing admissions which school etc ... Also know someone else who got an offer of a higher ranked school today despite also declining their first offered school & informing admissions that they too are going to an independent school !
strictlyfriends

Post by strictlyfriends »

Speechless!!
northernlass

Post by northernlass »

I heard from Parmiters yesterday to say that my daughter has moved from 10th to 3rd on the list, so there is definitely movement but not enough yet :(
Last edited by northernlass on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

My colleague's daughter had been second on the list for music at SCD and she was offered a place this morning. This frees up a (music) place at Rickmansworth.
decaff

Post by decaff »

It seems to me that this whole process was much more efficiently managed when schools themselves were responsible for allocating places from CI list.
handbag50

Post by handbag50 »

Incidentally, Queens seem to be operating their own list, A friend of mine was offered
a place yesterday by phone call from the school directly.

Do we think that they are making it up as they go along!! :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now