SHSG from Chelmsford

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
choudsal

SHSG from Chelmsford

Post by choudsal »

Are there any dd's going to SHSG from Chelmsford this September? This will be my second time sending a dc to a grammar school and even though I've been through it all before I'm still very anxious and nervous for my dd. I am happy she has a place but I have to say this time round has been very stressful with all the changes and even though we got results earlier it did'nt make things any easier. I was one of those parents whoes dd's scores had green for three other schools which I put as higher preferences but when it came to offer day I was'nt given any of my choices, not even state the local state school, but a School I did'nt even list as an option, but less than three weeks later I have an offer to SHSG for dd and she is on waiting list for the higher preferences, but still very pleased with SHSG.

Are there any parents who have dd's at SHSG?

Will anyone be travelling on the Consortium bus? There is another bus company which goes to the boys school and the two Westcliff schools, they are registering interest in anyone wanting a service to Southend girls, if there's enough interest then they might start one in Sept 2013, it's a lot quicker than the consortium bus.
Fismum

Re: SHSG from Chelmsford

Post by Fismum »

Hi Choudsal,
Congrats on being offered a place at SHSG, if you dont mind please, what number were you on the SHSG waiting list or what was your dd's score? my dd was number 13 on SHSG waiting list when i rang them on the 8th of march so if you have been offered a place now, it means the list is moving now.

thanks
piemom

Post by piemom »

I am very intrigued by this. I just called Southend, they said they "haven't run their system yet" and there would be no w/l updates until Weds/Thurs next week. Anyone else heard anything?
Waitingmum1

Post by Waitingmum1 »

I got the same message at lunchtime - no news til next week :( .

I was told last week she was 8th at SHSG (70th at WHSG). Have seen postings of girls getting Chelmsford / Colchester places so hopefully some of them have given up places at SHSG.

The waiting is so frustrating - have been getting stuff together for appeal to keep busy.
ahap

Post by ahap »

Sometimes offers may have been sent out but it may not have been updated in their system. Southend update their system on a particular day unlike Essex where they update it as and when it happens.
It was at the end of March last year around the 29th where Southend updated it and added the late applicants at the same time. So those of you who are at the top may get offered when they receive the rejection slips from the applicants.
Ms. Janet Griesley is the main person and she is the only one who can tell you even before they update it about whether an offer was sent or not or whether they received any rejections. The other officers would not know unless it shows in the system.
Good luck to all.
Last edited by ahap on Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
choudsal

Post by choudsal »

Hi,
Thank you all.

I was told on the 8th march by Southend that there was'nt likely to be any movement till after 22nd march, but last Tuesday I got a letter from essex county council with the offer, a very pleasant surprise, and also dd was second on the list. I'm still on the other waiting lists and there has been some movements but not a great deal, I will just and see what happens but I'm happy with what I have been offered with, much better than the state school I was offered initially!
Good luck everyone.
ahap

Post by ahap »

So waitingmum1 must be 6th or somewhere around there :D, but it won't show in the system till they update it next week.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
Waitingmum1

Post by Waitingmum1 »

Just tried to ring Janet at Southend LEA , but was told she wasn't there! - just got fobbed off by the lady I spoke to.

Well done to Choudsal's DD.

At least I know the list has moved up a couple now :D :D
Waitingmum1

Post by Waitingmum1 »

Last week no movement on list - rang today and was told an offer had been made by SHSG :D :D :D .

Just waiting for the confirmation to come through before telling DD - don't want to build her hopes up until we can show her the bit of paper with the offer on it.

Good luck to all those still waiting :)
ahap

Post by ahap »

Congrats waitingmum1. :D

Fingers crossed for others waiting/appealing.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now